twenty-eight<3

yall i'm so sorry for not updating for like 2 weeks , i've been really busy with school lmaoo. this chapter might be a little rusty i haven't wrote in a bit

athenas pov

"athena!" i felt strong hands shake me.

it's time to get up already?

"uggghhh" i groaned , shoving the grip off me.

"we're at the airport" sapnap shouted, causing me to snap out of my tired haze and realise what was going on.

"oh shit" i yawned, pulling my body to sit up against the back of the seat.

wait- oh-

i was lying on ranboo. my head snapped up to look at him, and we made direct eye contact.

"uh- i tried to wake you up normally" he said awkwardly, breaking our gaze to look down awkwardly.

"oh yeah- ok" i looked away, embarrassed by the way i had acted.

why did i look up at him like that? fuck.

"oh my fucking god lovebirds. shut up. get up. move. to. the. airport." sapnap sighed, making obvious pauses between his words.

"alright fucking hell i'm going" i retorted, giving him a judgemental look as i opened the door. "jeez"

timeskip

a beep sounded from the airport speaker, following with an announcement for our plane.

(i've never been abroad idk how planes work stfu)

"that's us" clay hauled me up from my seat, basically dragging me to where we were supposed to go.

"i need fucking coffee" i huffed, letting dream pull me along as everyone else followed behind.

"you'll get coffee on the plane, we have first class, dumbass" sapnap grumbled behind me, expecting me not to hear.

"i heard that" i called, sticking a middle finger up behind my back.

timeskip

(i'm doing it so that in first class it's only like the dream smp members, except like they're split into two planes so it's not like crowded yk)

"okay, and your seats are here!" the flight attendant spoke with a wide grin on her face as she pointed to the seats opposite clay and nicks.

"you want window seat or me?" i asked ranboo, giving him a kind smile as i met his eyes.

"oh uh- you, please." he almost ... pleaded? he looked like, frightened? i don't know.

and that's when i realised he had barely spoken since we got to the airport.

i walked into the roomy bed area next to the window, and let ranboo take his seat next to me before saying anything.

"you okay?" i asked, as ranboo shuffled around uncomfortably in his seat.

"yeah- um" he breathed out a shaky breath. "planes just kinda make me anxious" ranboo let out a nervous chuckle after his sentence, trying to lighten the mood.

suddenly i didn't know what my body was doing , it was communicating different to my mind and everything was all over the place.

i reached out for his hand and tried to pretend my heartbeat wasn't rising by the second.

i hesitated slightly and pulled my hand back. "sorry- i should've asked-"
i smiled uncomfortably and looked away, embarrassed.

"no, that's okay" he reassured me, but i couldn't help feeling bad. "it was nice."

i lifted my jacket up underneath my eyes before ranboo could see the red rising to my cheeks.

will the embarrassment ever stop?

i didn't say another word after that. i just grabbed the remote for the tv and flicked on the spider-man 'homecoming' movie. my head slightly rested against his arm.

imagine the first class space is like this but double? yk?

time skip(kinda)

i could hear a faint murmuring coming from the bed beside me.

"shhh!" sapnap giggled.

"you're gonna wake them oh my god" i heard clay loudly whisper-shout.

"you whisper so loud!" sapnap raised his voice slightly. which honestly, is a bit hypocritical considering the words that just came out of his mouth.

"you're literally louder!" dream laughed as he said that sentence.

i honestly don't know what they were whispering about. who didn't they want to wake?

i would sit up and respond to them but i was comfortable. and it was warm under the covers of the bed. surely we aren't in england already?

"take a picture!" my thoughts got cut off by sapnap again.

why would they be taking pictures?

i opened my eyes finally to realise i was entangled in ranboos arms.

how the fuck did this even happen? i don't even remember this?

"fuck off sapnap" i sighed, trying to cover the embarrassment i was feeling.

"you woke them you dumb fuck!" dream didn't even try and hush his voice anymore.

"shut the fuck up you're going to wake him up" i scowled at them both as i kept my voice quiet somehow.

ranboo was still asleep. absolutely no idea how with those loud fuckers next to us.

then sapnap let out an exaggerated huff and leant back down in his seat.

i very awkwardly adjusted my position, and then rested my head back onto ranboos chest.

i don't know whether to feel embarrassed, happy, nervous, excited? i don't even know.

for now, i'm just gonna sleep.

(guys i am so sorry for not uploading a chapter sooner. school has been really hard and i'm dealing with quite a lot of shit right now but i'll try and upload more often, also thank you so fucking much for 1k reads! that's insane. i cant even believe it<3 )

906 words