Day 18

Gifts

Gifts

It was the start of the Christmas season and Damian had a plan this year the two were going to meet up with each other for the new year instead of Christmas.

As lots of Marinette's family from China were coming to France and she didn't want it to be rude that she wasn't there and she missed them.

So Damian had planned to spoil her even if it was a little early. He had gotten many things he would be using to spoil her and she was going to love it but there was a small chance she would kill him with how much she bought.

That is how this happened. It was the 18th of December 7 days till Christmas and Marinette couldn't wait until their school closed in two days and then it was all holiday.

She was having a huge family Christmas and going to Gotham a week later to spend New Year's with Damian and his family.

Marinette was walking into the school, as she walked up the stairs she heard the usual whispering about her but ignored it.

Damian had taught her to not let it get to her and Tikki had been teaching her ways to calm herself down when she felt angry at Lila and so she wouldn't do something she would regret in the heat of the moment.

As she walked into class when some of her classmates tried to trip her she stepped over one which was Rose and stepped on the other and walked off as it never happened and the person she stepped on was Alya.

Alya's so-called best friend got angry at this and tried to push her from behind but Marinette saw it coming from the reflection on the classroom windows and side stepped the liar.

Which led to her falling flat on her face and then she started the usual crocodile tears claiming that she had tripped and hurt her ankle.

Marinette ignored it and walked into class when she got there she saw most of the class looking towards the class more specifically her seat she looked at her seat and saw a mountain of gifts sitting at her desk with a giant bouquet of pink roses sitting on her desk she walked up to it.

She looked around and all eyes were on her. She took the bouquet of roses and saw a note with her name on it. Lila walked up to her pretending to be happy for "Marinette, who is all of this from?" she asked.

Seh couldn't lie about how it was for her, Marinette's name was on the card and the whole class had already seen it. Plus the whole class had already seen the envelope with her name.

Marinette took the card and opened it and read the note

Happy birthday Angel

See you later 💗

Marinette smiled once she read the note, she reached for the first gift and opened a beautiful necklace of a robin on a branch, it symbolised their hero lives.

Necklace

She smiled and opened the next gift she opened was a new sketchbook with a new box of pencils

She smiled and opened the next gift she opened was a new sketchbook with a new box of pencils. Damian always knew how she would just stop on the street when inspiration came to mind so she could draw it.

She grabbed another box and opened it inside was a set of jewellery that a necklace, earrings and a bracelet would have cost a lot. Marinette had told Damian to stick within the limit and not to spend so much money on her.

Jewellery set

Behind her Lila was fuming whoever had gotten Marinette all these gifts was loaded and she wanted to know who it was and to tell that Marinette was an awful bully who had hurted her

Another few gifts later that had some very expensive fabric and even more jewellery, Marinette grabbed her phone and opened her contacts and clicked on someone but the class didn't get to see who it was.

"Hello Angel '' a boy said he had black hair gelled to the side and emerald eyes, with tan skin.

"Dami, the budget was 50" Marinette said, turning the camera so Damian could see all the gifts. The amount of all the gifts combined would've cost around what the bakery would take 5 years to make.

"Angel I didn't know if you meant $50 or $50, 00 so I chose the latter" he said looking at her.

"Dami this is too much," she said looking at him upset.

"Angel you deserve this and much more and I can't return any of it" Damian

Marinette sighed "how much did all this cost?" she asked

"Around $47,300 why" Damian answered nonchalantly

The class gaped at how much it all cost, whoever this kid was he had money, maybe even more than Adrien and Chloe combined.

"Damian, you can't just spend that much money," Marinette said, still shocked by his answer.

Damian shrugged "you do realise father is rich right" he said and she nodded

"Yes, but still.." she stopped by hearing a bell. "That was the end of lunch, can we talk tonight?" Damian asked and Marinette nodded, giving him a smile before hanging up.

Lila was about to say something, when the bell rang for classes to start and Miss Bustier walked, "everyone take a seat, and open your books to page 315" she said

Hey guys,

How was the chapter? I have a quote for you today. I thought it was sweet and loved how it talked about never being too old to look out for santa.

 I thought it was sweet and loved how it talked about never being too old to look out for santa

Enjoy reading :)