(1) By the light of the moon

Write a description with the title, 'By the light of the moon'.

As dusk approached, the dark clouds peeled back to reveal a pristine night sky and a half moon broke through the rifts of the clouds. The moon hung like a brilliant jewel in the night sky accompanied by minuscule and magnificent stars that scattered and twinkled like precious pearls. The moon gave out sterling silver rays that poured onto the mossy earth of the dense forest, and by the light of the moon, the inky darkness that once surrounded the forest had to move aside and give way to the brilliant exuberant rays of the moon that shone in regal beauty.

In the forest, that was now conquered with light, was a young teenage girl. The moonlight fixed her in silver and highlighted her exquisite hazel orbs that were encircled with rings of gold, like a gorgeous limestone cave. The necklace that she wore around her neck had a plethora of gems, ranging from diamonds to sapphires, that glittered in its radiant glory. As the girl roamed and explored her way around the curtain of trees, her ears registered a faint and gentle flow of water from a distance. Cautiously, she tip-toed her way closer to the sound - as she tried her best to not wake the sleeping creatures of the forest. 

As the sound of the flowing water became louder, when the girl walked further into the forest, she could also hear the nocturnal crickets composing their harmonious tunes and melodies in the great thickets of the bushes as well as the tranquil whisper of the wind that created a serenity of still around her. When she lifted up a huge leaf in front of her, her eyes sparkled like a bejewelled cave and widened in amazement: she found it.

There was a lake that had tiny sparkles shimmering and dancing across it and it was coloured in rich hues of azure blue and mint as the moonlight illuminated it. The foliage of the towering trees were also highlighted by the rays of the moonlight and casted shadows. Then... splash! Sploot! The girl turned and saw iridescent shoals of fish jumping and leaping in the water, showing off its silky scales.

Several nocturnal flowers bloomed on the floors of the forest and multicoloured petals dazzled under the exuberant moonlight. Slowly, they swayed to the rhythm of the tranquil wind. The girl decided to lie down after this adventure, so that she could rest and embrace the arresting elegance and tranquil resplendence of Mother Nature. With her eyes closed, she curled up and slept under the glorious moonlight.