(9) Holiday Location

Describe your favourite holiday location. (Remember you can describe the surroundings and local people, as well as the place.)

As I stepped foot on the soft, delicate sand, the majestic, tropical trees towered over me, welcoming me to the island. I felt the sand massaging me with gentleness which brought utmost comfort to my soul. Without a shadow of doubt, I immediately knew the perfect word to describe this holiday location: Blissful.

As I looked up, the endless azure sky contained heavenly, puffy, snow-white clouds that drifted by enjoyably. Scintillating was the sun as gleaming, golden rays touched my cheeks with warmth. As I turned back, my eyes widened as I witnessed the most breathtaking, picturesque view. 

The crystal-clear ocean stretched itself beyond the long distances and tiny sparkles began to shimmer and glisten across the vast waters. Calmly, the waves lapped against the shore, which created a serenity of still. A gentle breeze caressed my back and brushed my hair aside, making the innumerable leaves to rustle faintly.

I knew that there was a lot more that the island wanted to show me - and I was thirsty for knowledge. Sparked by curiosity, I headed back into the mini forest behind me so I could possibly learn and discover more about this amazing and remarkable island. 

As I walked through the forest, my slippers crunched on the dewy moss beneath, and the air was filled with freshness. Vibrant flowers blossomed and showed off their exuberant petals, which added exquisiteness and vivacity to Nature's backdrop. Thin rays of sunlight streamed through the trees and the leaves, giving life to the plants around the forest. I also began to hear the myriad sounds of flora and fauna as I threaded further into the forest. 

After a few more steps, I picked up a faint roaring sound - a waterfall! Excitingly, I made my way through the curtain of leaves and found a mesmerising, cascading waterfall. I gaped astonishingly at the overwhelming size of this waterfall; it was truly a gigantic and gorgeous creation from Mother Nature. Then, my ears registered to some light splashing and laughter from a nearby pool. My eyes narrowed to get a closer look, suddenly...  a man! He seemed to have jumped out from no where and stood in front of me. He had red and black ink on his cheeks and wore a tunic. His accessories were all made out of multicoloured beads: red, yellow, white, black mostly. 

"Are you new?" asked the main with a beaming smile.

I nodded and smiled fondly. His hazel eyes were like orbs, which captivated me. 

"Make yourself at home! We are the Alami tribe and this is our home too! Tell me if you need anything, I'm Anesh," he exclaimed. 

I raised my eyebrows in shock: I wasn't alone? I felt a sense of calm washing over me in tranquility. From a distance, I could see the sun sinking inexorably and colouring the sky in an eddy of tangerine, red and ochre. I knew that this would be one of the most unforgettable holidays of my life.