Ten

"I'll call Strange." Tony sighed, standing up out of his chair to leave as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

Once he left, Natasha spoke again. "There's one thing that just doesn't make sense to me-"

"Just one?" Sam joked.

"Shut it, birdbrain." Natasha smirked. "Why do you go back? And how? It's only at the end of the day?"

"It's kinda like that old movie, where the weather dude repeats the same day over and over!" Peter speaks up, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "You and your movie references. It's not even that old! It was a 90s movie!"

"That's kinda old..." He frowned. "Wait, does movie me in your universe do that too?"

"I would also like to hear about movie me." Sam grinned.

I looked around. "I-I'm actually not sure how much I can tell you all about my world's versions of you... but I guess it can't really hurt? If you all want to know."

Natasha shrugged. "Might as well."

"Natasha, I haven't noticed any real changes for you except... you died. I mentioned it was because of Thanos. You sacrificed yourself for Clint. You're close with Wanda here, there wasn't much interaction between you two before. Wanda, you know about Vision... that's the only difference here I see either. Peter, yes. You make pop culture preferences a lot. It drives Tony nuts. But your relationship with him seems the same. Tony in my universe actually figures out time travel just to save you."

"Woah, Mr. Stark... for me?" Peter smiles.

"Everyone's really about the same it's just small differences." I shrugged.

Tony returned then, with Bruce and Dr. Strange with him, followed by Steve looking just as angry as he was when he left, and then finally Thor and Loki. Loki with magic dampening cuffs on.

Everyone took seats and then looked at me. "Uh. Hi." I waved awkwardly. "How much did they fill you all in?"

"We got the gist of it." Strange responded. He was looking at me cautiously, which was about how everyone else is too.

"Peter has a theory." Sam spoke up. "That it wasn't that she was implanted here, reality itself was completely altered-"

"The kid's right." Strange replied.

A look of shock went around the room. "He is?" Tony questioned.

Just as Peter said "I am?"

Dr. Strange sighed and stood up, he waved his hand and showed lines with a bunch of branches. "We know very little about the multiverse, but from what I can tell it looks like Loki's... friend's actions resulted in a split of epic portions. It didn't just affect us, but the infinite universes that exist around us, where things can be very different than they are here." He waved his hands again and the branches suddenly started intercepting each other, causing them to change colors and merge. The varying lines began to flow, and change as they overlapped each other. "From what I can tell, Caroline's split was caused by that. She appeared here, and the universe course corrected to essentially allow her space to be here. The kid's right. Reality itself altered to fit her into your lives."

"Wow." Peter whispered, practically pulling the words out of my wide open from shock mouth.

This is absurd. "But why me? What could possibly be so special about me? Does that mean this is happening to other people now? I feel like we would've heard about it, right? Especially if they remember both lives like I do."

"I don't know." Dr. Strange replied, sighing. "From what I can tell, it's just you. No one can sense any other presence that shouldn't be here. I've asked."

"Oh. Great. So what does this mean?"