8.

I held the glass that contained the radioactive spider up to my face. Sure enough, Peter wasn't crazy after all and he truly did find some sort of souvenir to take home with him. I wasn't sure if he was thankful for this spider or simply found a way to deal with his sticky situation.

However, my love for science and this spider that was unknowingly being held at Oscorp, I couldn't help but gasp at the deadly arachnid. "It's beautiful."

"Knows how to bite though."

"Who else knows about this?" I wondered, my eyes catching Gwen's who was leering our way.

Thankful for Serena, she was sitting beside her on the bleachers and turned the conversation around so Gwen had no choice but to listen to her. Maybe debate wasn't such a bad thing after she insisted her and Gwen were close to best friends now and was able to get all the inside tea.

"Just you." He smiled, playing with his fingers.

"Does it scare you? What you do?" I took his hand, brushing my fingers over his.

He was able to stick to walls at touch and climb on ceilings, do things that the police couldn't do and make his own webs. All this happened within a week of unanswered calls and sleepless nights. All leading back to the night his uncle died.

And suddenly it all made sense to me. Why all the thieves looked familiar to me. Because I had seen the drawing of the thief on the news the night Peter's uncle got shot. Peter went off about the star tattoo on his left wrist. He was going after the man who killed Uncle Ben. To him this spider must have been a gift to him.

"No." He confirmed, shaking his head with a small laugh.

"What did the thing look like on the bridge?" I saw the news and the videos taken from helicopters and of course the talk going around the city.

"It was real big. Too big to be human." He remembered.

"You have to be careful, Peter. You don't even know what this is." I alerted

"I know. I know." He exhaled, looking out at the football field.

I wasn't gonna push it any further than I already did. He wasn't gonna stop until he caught the man behind the attack and I knew that. There wasn't anything I could say that would change his mind. So I told him to be careful and come to me for any help.

His fingers gently touched my chin and moved my head so I'd be able to look at him. Butterflies erupted in my stomach again seeing the way his eyes flickered from my lips to my eyes repeatedly as if asking for permission.

He leaned in when I didn't pull away, but before his lips met mine, a football came flying at us. I flinched slightly, waiting for the impact. It never came. And when I opened my eyes again I saw Peter whipping the ball so hard that it bent the goal post.

I was sitting in my room typing away on my computer. I was so close to finishing this essay. All I had left was the conclusion that should only take me a maximum of ten minutes. My eyes burned from staring at the screen for too long that I wasn't even sure if I wanted to take time on this.

Music was playing softly in the background. I hummed along to it the whole way through. For a moment I furrowed, not remembering the tapping sound coming from the song. When it happened again I realized it wasn't from the song.

"Come in." I said softly, my eyes landing on Peter crouching down by my window. "You should consider going through the lobby."

I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, because both my mom and Steve questioned Peter's sanity.

My smile dropped from the way he was breathing and leaning against the wall. I hopped out of my chair and rushed to him. "What happened?"

"You should see the other guy." He was still catching his breath, falling into a nearby chair, throwing his head back. "The other guy, for instance, being a giant mutant lizard."

I instructed him to take off his suit for closer inspection. It took a lot in me not to stair at his abs, but it shockingly wasn't difficult when the first thing my eyes landed on were the three giant scratch marks across his chest.

He groaned loudly as I rubbed the surrounding blood off. Other than that, considering how painful this looked, he did pretty well with staying quiet.

I set the towel down, reaching for the ointment. But my eyes caught his. He didn't say anything, I didn't either. He just sat up softly and leaned forward. I didn't protest as I leaned into him as well, pushing him back into his place before his wounds got any worse.

"Easy, bug boy." I whispered, not letting my lips touch his.

"What'd you call me?" He let out a laugh, whispering silently as if my mom cared to be home right in the next room.

He wouldn't give up though, his face moving in sync with mine until he gave up and moved to my neck instead. His hand was placed on my cheek and his lips were pressed against my neck.

I gasped at the feeling of warmth and affection. He was careful not to go too far, but close enough to know what we both wanted. I didn't want him to stop, and although I thought it was funny to tease, I also knew it was going to be a dangerous relationship we would land in.

"Peter." I breathed.

For a moment I thought he took it has a sign to continue, but he softly hummed in response, moving my face to meet his gaze. He eyes changed from back when the two of us sat across from each other in the coffee shop. They weren't cloudy, but instead replaced with a sense of knowing and longing.

"This is how it is in these types of movies." I mumbled, not wanting to meet his gaze.

He knew what I was talking about, because he replied with a somewhat relative answer. "I have to stop him."

I leaned into his touch, keeping my hand placed on top of his so he wouldn't move it from my cheek. My eyes told him enough. I didn't want him to go back out. I was glad he found something and I was glad he had the heart to make sure no one else got hurt, but what about him?

"I have to, because I created him." He insisted.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"I gave him an equation that made all of this possible." He explained, not sure whether to carry on. "Something my father had been working on. Secretly. Now I realize why he kept it a secret. Point is, this is my responsibility. I have to fix it."

"Who? Who did you give the equation to?"

"Dr. Connors."

The equation I saw on the day of the picnic.

"You mean that's why I get the week off?" I smiled. "Thank you for your service, but I think the week off is enough."

Peter shook his head, not wanting to give up. "Let's get out of here."

"You're hurt." I stood up, putting away all the cleaning supplies I messed with.

"Come on." He groaned in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I gave in. The two of us climbed out of my window and stood at the edge of the fire escape. I jumped onto his back, keeping my arms tight around his neck and my legs curled around his waist. He slipped his mask on and stepped off. I screamed, burying my face into the crook of his neck, but he laughed and suddenly the wind was in my face.

"Holy shit." I breathed, scanning over the city.