Epilogue (nwh spoilers!)

"𝙼𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜

𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜."

NWH SPOILERS

    It broke his heart thinking back to the night his M.J. died. Looking down at the 17 year old boy in front of him with scratches scattering his face. His best friend and girlfriend stood behind him while they all listened to each Peter's story.

M.J. held the box that would send them all back to their realities. The 17 year old boy wanted to press it, but they told him not to. Makayla wouldn't want her love to have a young boy step back from his fight because something went wrong.

"I lost..." he stopped, choking on his own words. It pained him to even talk about it. "I lost my M.J. My rockstar. I couldn't save her. I'll never be able to forgive myself for that."

It was a heartbreaking time. All three of them lost someone meaningful to them. After a while Peter lost his punches and retired the suit in his closet. He would read news articles wondering where Spiderman went and heard others whispering about it on the streets.

It felt great putting the suit back on and helping another Spiderman in need. He pushed away his thoughts and finished out his job. He thought of solutions and mixed up the serums for villains he would defeat again.

When he saw the glider flying towards them his heart ached. He wanted to rip it to shreds and make the Green Goblin feel the same way he did. Though it wasn't his Harry, it still made him feel uneasy and heartbroken.

He leaped off the floor and flew down to the young girl falling to her death all because of the Green Goblin doing his signature breaking point. This time he caught up, wrapping his arms around the girl and landed in one piece.

His eyes brimmed with tears. When M.J. looked at him with relief in her eyes there was also a flash of concern. "Are you okay?" He asked.

She nodded, breathing heavily clearly still shaken up. "I'm okay. Are you okay?"

Peter pursed, tears threading to spill. He thought he was doing good with this, until now. But he carried on and nodded his head. "Yeah." He said the best he could although he wasn't sure if she even heard or understood him.

He set her down and watched her walk away unlike his own M.J.. He was glad he had his redemption, saving another girl, who a person with the same responsibilities and name, loved so dearly.

When it was time to go back to his own reality, he wished he would be able to go back to her and hug her. Maybe the spell would go sideways and when he goes back she'd be sitting on his bed waiting for his arrival. She always stayed up until he let her know he was safe.

But she wasn't. He was back in his room with the same silence he listened to for years. No more laughs and no more jokes.

She was gone. She has been for years.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐞- 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 🎉