18.

I used a pocket knife to cut my hand lose from his webs. I climbed into the cop car while the cop was off doing his own thing protecting the citizens. I zoomed off, ignoring the mans running and complaints.

I flew to the power plant as fast as the car could take me. I got there right in time, seeing how Electro was holding Peter with his electricity. I sped up, running him over, knocking him to the ground.

Peter was let go, immediately running towards me. I scolded him for his rude departure, insisting he needed me to carry out his plan. I helped him twice already, now I could do it again.

"I can reset the system!" I stomped my foot out of anger, too stubborn to leave.

"What are you doing here!" He sneered, blocking me from Electro who was quick to get back into action. "This is insane. I'm not messing around!"

"This is my choice! Nobody makes my choices for me. I want to help." I didn't let him change my mind. "Now how do we stop him?"

He groaned, backing us up further away from the mess. "He's like a battery. What happens if you overcharge a better?"

"It explodes. So we use his power against him." I answered.

"I think I can reconnect the power lines, but I need you to reset the system." He ordered. "When I say you turn that power on, you turn it on. No matter what. Go!"

I ran into the building, ready to conquer the request. I found the reset charge straight away, grabbing the keys from a man already crisp on the ground. I plugged it in, waiting for Peter's say.

It pained me to see him like this. Getting electrocuted by a man who once looked up to him. I was impatient, worriedly viewing the scene in front of me. He used his webs to help him reconnect the power lines. Then I heard him yelling the words, so I turned it as requested.

The reset was too powerful for Electro to handle. The power went back on and the electric man blasted energy around us.

"Peter?" I ran down, checking to see if he was okay. He gave me the thumbs up, groaning as he stood.

Strange laughter erupted from the sky. I watched as a flying green glider flew towards us with a man full of laughter standing on top.

"Stay there." He warned me.

I did as asked, although it didn't help. A strange man now floated in front of us. His hair wild, his nails sharp and grimy. His face molded with green and what seemed like rot. His teeth were large and sharp, seemingly keeping him from shutting his mouth. If he could, he wouldn't wipe the smile off his face. Peter stood there on guard.

The strange creature man glanced between us, his smile growing wider at the realization. "Peter." He laughed. "When you said Spiderman said no, you meant you said no." He growled.

It hit me like a rock, my stomach dropping. Harry's hair was no longer nice and gelled to the front. It was a mess in the back and he looked as sick as ever. He was no longer recognizable, especially as the man I met in the elevator.

"Harry, what did you do?"

"What you made me do. You were my friend, and you betrayed me!" He screamed with all the energy in him.

"No. I was trying to protect you."

"Look at me!"

"It's going to be okay." Peter reassured.

"You don't give people hope. You take it away. Just like how I'm going to take yours away." Harry growled.

"M.J., run!"

I spun around to do so, but I was already grabbed and yanked off the ground. Harry's arm around me was tight, although he didn't care if he was to drop me to the ground.

He kept laughing, flying around in circles. I was going to throw up not only from dizziness, but also from the terror seizing through me. My hair was brushing in my face and catching in my mouth making it harder to see.

"Stop! This isn't you, Harry. This is not you. Harry, put her down." Peter demanded.

"Harry!" I yelled, standing straight on the glider.

"Harry is dead!" He spat, his sharp teeth showing themselves.

His eyes were no longer a shiny blue. There was no light or kindness in them. They were replaced with hatred, death, distraction, and darkness confirming that the real Harry was in fact gone.

"Harry, this is between you and me. You wanna fight? Let her go."

Harry growled, giving into Peter's words. "Okay."

And suddenly I was dropped. I reached up, desperate to grab onto anything. Even the glider would work, but I was already falling too fast.

Peter's body collided with mine, holding me tightly through the shattering glass and onto the platform of the clock tower.

"You okay?"

"Mm-hmm." I rapidly shook my head no.

If it couldn't get any worse, a circular ball hit the platform beside us. Moments later it would send us flying down again. Peter grabbed my hand, setting me down gently on the platform below us.

Peter and Harry battled it out at the top. I had no where to go except up where the two were on the verge of killing each other or down into the endless doom of death. Either way I had no way to help them or distract Harry from being so determined to kill his best friend.

Peter kicked Harry off his glider. It was a flash before my eyes, one of the pieces breaking off the glider flying straight at me. I had no time to move before a sharp pain cut through my stomach. I gasped, falling backwards.

"M.J.!" Peter yelled, kicking Harry out of the way. Enough for him to jump down and check on me.

I breathed heavily, grasping at the metal object lodged through me. Peter shook his head at me, saying something along the lines of "don't take it out." I couldn't exactly hear him due to the rapid sound of my heart and quick breaths I was desperate to take in order to stay alive.

"Hey! Hey. It's okay." Peter reassured, moving my hair out of my face. "Stay with me."

My eyes were heavy, begging me to close then. I shook my head, feeling my body going limp. But I kept them open the best I could. The warm feeling spreading across my stomach giving me an off sensation of exhaustion and sleep.

"Please." Peter begged. "I'll get you out of here."

He wasn't able to because Harry was up and ready for more. He crashed down next to us, kicking Peter out of the way. My body fell onto the platform, my view of the stars above me presenting me of the endless nights Peter and I would stay awake to watch the stars and the moon dance over the sky.

I wasn't sure how long I was there for, but the sensation of falling awoke me again. I wasn't sure how it worked, maybe I was dreaming and the feeling of flying was apart of it. But the glimpse of Spiderman above me told me it most likely wasn't a dream.

Although my body was aching and was almost ready to give up, my instincts kicked in. I wanted to reach up and grab ahold of something, but my limbs wouldn't move and I was tired and my eyes were droopy. I barely made out the thin shape of Peter's webs reaching for me through the falling bits and pieces of the tower.

The last thing I could make out was the shape of Spider-Man's eyes and the way Peter was stressing to catch me. The words "little rockstar" repeatedly running through my head comforted me through it all.

I wasn't sure what happened. I wasn't sure when it happened, but my vision went black and nothing else came to sight.