22.

tw: physical abu$e

after sometime, helen and bayle started to get serious and the relationship between them was really working out in the beginning.

but things started to get rough..

5 years of being together, there was lots of good moments but there was also lots of bad moments too.

bayle wasn't always the best, but helen still cared and "loved" her. anytime she'd get angry, she'd get physical.

"i'm really sorry babe.. i'm really trying, i just can't stop myself in the moment." bayle cried, but all helen could do is just stay silent.

"say something.." bayle whispered, "what.." helen simply said as he stood up, "i'm sorry okay.. i promise stuff will start to get better just be patient please.." bayle said as she wiped her tears.

"i love you, i'm really trying i'm sorry, im so sorry..things will change." she stood up and hugged him tight, but he just stood there. quiet.

*smack*

"why aren't you hugging me back?! why aren't you saying anything! you're making me feel worse! i get it okay i'm sorry! it's not fucking easy." she cried even more.

helen stood there, with his hand on his cheek.
then the same thought would pop up.

'(y/n) would never do this..'

although he tried to make himself believe he was over (y/n), he believed he 'loved' bayle but, maybe it's just his way of trying to get over his actual love for (y/n).

"i'm gonna let you be. see you later, love you." helen said as he walked off, slamming the door behind him.

this was a routine for helen. the first time it happened, he was just trying to comfort her because she was very angry over something, she ended up smacking him across the face. but, he forgave her. 'it's okay, i understand." he'd always say.

"look at him, his face." whispered some girl to another, they both stared. everybody always stared but nobody ever really cared to ask "are you okay?" everybody's just fucked up. it's a cruel fucked up world with a bunch of other bullshit. this was helen's world, all he's ever known. because anything fucked up, is just seen as an okay thing.

(y/n) was the only person that made helen feel normal. he felt alive. he felt like he mattered. he finally felt like his life was worth living because as long as she was by his side, he'd never have to feel that empty void in his chest.

"where you goin'?" asked puppeteer, "out for a drink." helen mumbled, "i'm coming too." puppeteer asked as he put on his coat.

"want a cigarette?" puppeteer asked as he opened the door, "yeah, that sounds good right now." helen said as he chuckled, they both walk out.

"what happened with bayle?" asked puppeteer as he lit up his cigarette, "stuff, you know." helen said as he sighed, he hated talking about this.

"you need to put her in her place man, i get you love the girl but damn, don't let the bitch hit you." puppeteer said as he raised his eyebrow.

"i already had this conversation with you, don't know why you have to bring this up again." helen said as he glared at puppeteer, "seems like i have to again, sorry for giving advice man." puppeteer said as he blew out smoke.

helen stayed quiet, "sorry." puppeteer said,
"it's fine, i just.. don't wanna talk about this shit." helen said.

15 minutes passed, they got to a bar and sat down.