16.

"where are we going to now?" you asked, your legs tired from walking. your stomach started to growl.

'oh god..' you thought to yourself as you placed your hand on your stomach. you haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning.

"just a couple more minutes." helen said, as he looked at you then your stomach.

you nodded, but you were screaming internally.

some minutes passed, you look up and saw the old house. "pack your things, we're leaving this place alright" helen said as he opened the door.

"we're leaving?" you asked, it was stupid to ask because of course you guys would leave, the police want you.

he stayed quiet, grabbed his bag and some things. "we'll be back later.. maybe" he said, trying to reassure you. you nodded and started packing some of the stuff you had left.

"where's puppeteer?" you ask, "don't worry about that" helen responded, it rubbed you the wrong way but you stayed quiet.

"fuck dude.. where are we going to go?" you whispered to yourself, your head spinning.

you finished packing and started walking out the house with helen, it was cold and wet outside. but this was so much better than being locked up for something you didn't do.

"before we go anywhere, don't speak, don't look, don't do anything just stay by my side when we get to the mansion. okay?" helen cocked an eyebrow.

"yes.. okay" you responded back, you wanted to ask so many questions about this 'mansion'.

"helen, why can't i speak or do anything when we get there? is it really that bad?" you asked, "even if i explained things, you still wouldn't understand them." helen responded back, "why the hell would we go somewhere that could be dangerous then.. why are you always putting me in these situations" you loudly said, "you should be on your knees right now, telling me how thankful you are to have me in your life because if it came to any other scumbag, they'd leave." helens voice echoed throughout the woods. he was hurt. you could hear it in his voice.

"i am thankful okay, i'm glad you helped me—","ha, sure doesn't seem like it." he said, you really felt bad for saying that.

you stayed quiet after that, looking around, trying to keep yourself distracted. you were tired and really hungry, every step you took was energy slipping out your weak body.

you closed your eyes, and sighed.

"here" helen said, you opened your eyes and saw that he was holding a sandwich in a plastic container.

"huh.. where'd you get this?" you asked, looking at it then looking back at him. "don't worry about it." he smiled, "no helen, i cant, this is your food. i feel extremely bad about earlier too.. i don't deserve it" you said, you truly felt bad.

"well, you take it back don't you?" he asked, "yeah i really do.." you said, looking down at your feet. "take it or i'll be mad." he responded back, "okay.. thank you" you said with a smile, taking the sandwich from his hand.

"i love you. you know that right?" he whispered, "i love you.. too" you said, it was strange saying i love you to another person. he wasn't just another person. he was someone who saved your life in a way, he cared for you even though you hurt him. so then why did you feel so strange saying it to him?

"you okay? are you feeling better now?" helen asked, "yeah i'm okay." you said, taking a bite from the sandwich.

after a couple more minutes of walking, helen stops and takes your hand. "what.." you ask, you look up and you see the big mansion. it was dark, it almost looked like it was going to collapse, it also looked abandoned.

"remember what i said?" he asked raising an eyebrow, he had such a serious look. you gently bit your lip, your anxiety was rising, you nodded.

he nodded back, you both start walking towards it. your heart racing faster and faster the closer you guys get to the door.

helen slowly opens the door, but before he fully opens it, he looks back at you, making sure you're ready. you slowly nod, afraid of what could be behind the door.

helen opens the door, you look down at your feet, all the talking stopped for a second and whispers started to be heard.

"oh painter, well it's nice seeing you here again. it's been a while, who's this?" asked a male voice, you could hear his footsteps get closer to you and helen.

"this is my partner. she's been working by my side for a while now, sorry i didn't introduce her sooner but i've been busy with my own things." helen said, pulling me closer to him.

"well, it's quite rude to talk for her don't you think? the girls got a mouth, she can talk. so what's your name?" the male asked.

"it's really not important." helen said.

"what's your name?" the male asked again in a stern voice, taking a step closer.

your anxiety was rising up again, you gulped.
"my name is (y/n), nice to meet you." you said confidently, trying not to seem scared.

you look up and jumped a bit but tried to stay calm. the male standing in front of you had dark messy hair, pale skin and a cut smile from ear to ear that was obviously done by him.

"ah.. did i scare you?" the male asked, "you're so pretty." he said, looking at you up and down.

"thank you." you simply said, taking a step back. "okay, that's enough." helen said as he put his arm around your shoulder and started walking off.

"where are we going now.." you whispered, "i'll explain everything later, but when we go in there and talk to my boss, you have to say that you've been working with me for a couple months now." helen said. you nodded.

helen opens a big door, both of you walk in, you look up and see some figure sitting across the room. 'god.. why is it so dark here..' you thought to yourself.

"hello otis, who is this?" the male asked, his voice was deep.

"this is my new partner sir." helen said, "and what is your name?" the figure asked as he stood up, it was extremely tall and skinny, yet you couldn't really see his face.

"my name is (y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you." you said, but gosh you wish your heart would stop beating so fast. "how long have you been working with otis?" he asked, suddenly he appeared right in front of you and helen.

"what, w-what was your question?" you ask again, you were amazed with what just happened. "how long have you been working with otis?" he asks again, "i've been working with otis for a couple months now." you said, fidgeting with your sleeves.

"ah, that's good to hear. i can't wait to see how you work." he said, you finally look up, and your heart stops beating for a second. quite literally. this took a moment to process but the male had no face..