The Genetics Lab

Narrator POV

As Darius, Brooklyn, and Kenji make their way to the pen, Annie started to transform into her Velociraptor self inside of the raptor pen. And waited for her instincts to calm down.

(If you don't remember what her dino forms are then please look at the very first chapter of the whole story)

As she waited for the kids to leave, she heard a familiar growl next to her. And it was none other than Blue one of Owens raptors. And Kenji took a flash picture of Blue which causes her to roar angrily.

Of course Annie started to roar and snap at Blue in warning. Even though Darius and Brooklyn were trying to get Kenji out of the raptor pen, Annie started to attack Blue, Charlie, Delta and Echo.

And when Darius jumped into the pen, Annie growled at him kind of telling him to leave even though she couldn't speak like a human yet.

Although he was scared of her, he somehow knew that Annie wasn't going to hurt him.

Annie's POV

Well this is just great. Not only do I have to control myself from not eating Darius and Kenji, but now I have to fight off Owen's raptors.

And right now I have to get these kids out of this pen. Thankfully I knew how to fight when I go dino. So I fought off Blue as best as I could.

Although I'm a little bit rusty since I haven't been in a fight with a dino for a long while. The last time I was in a fight was when Rexy and I fought off the rouge raptors.

Even though Darius and Kenji were screaming for help, I just have to buy enough time for Roxie to distract the raptors.

Narrator POV

As the raptors roared and screeched at each other, the paddocks lights came on. And it blinded all the raptors for a few moments until Roxie tossed food at the raptors.

Of course Blue and Annie were still going at it but, at least the kids were safe thanks to Dave. As Roxie started to scold Darius and Kenji about what happened, Annie managed to get Blue off her.

And as Darius looked back at the raptor pen, Annie growled in concern for Darius. Even though the fight with Blue was over, Echo was nice enough to go ahead and give Annie a large chunk of meat.

After two hours of not only apologizing to Blue and her pack but, also eating enough meat to last her through another day.

And as Annie transformed into her normal self, she phoned Roxie to let her know that she isn't going to be able to go to the lab.

At first Roxie was confused since Annie liked the genetics lab. Although when Annie told her that she's been pulling four all-nighters again, Roxie understood and let Annie rest up.

Time skip to mid-afternoon

As some of the campers were at the genetics lab and Kenji and Darius were on poo duty, Annie disguised herself as one of scientists and snuck into the lab.

But it wasn't to watch the kids or anything like that this time. She was here for her own personal reasons. And the second she laid eyes on Dr. Wu she growled hatefully at him.

But she knew that vengeance wasn't going to help her get what she wanted. So Annie quickly made her way into Doctor Wu's secondary private lab, and stole at least ten blue serums.

Before the kids got back to camp, Annie quickly took off in a big hurry but, she stopped when she heard a bang sound.

And she stopped running she also saw Darius and Kenji in front of the Carnotaurus paddock.

"Diddums da the big dino hurt his widdle nose? You think you're slick, Toro? You got nothin'!" Kenji says mockingly at Toro

"Hey, Toro, you're arms are... pretty much vestigial at this point! Ha!" Darius says in a stuttering way.

Annie shook her head back and forth not believing that both Kenji and Darius were mocking Toro. And the big Carnotaurus hushed up the kids by banging his head against the fence again.

Before the boys could look at each other, Annie took off and made it back to camp and went into her room. And she quickly injected herself with the serum and got into bed to pretend that she was still asleep.

After everyone went to bed, Annie quickly tested out if she was hungry for the kids or anything like that. Surprisingly she wasn't and she felt amazing to be somewhat normal.

But when she heard someone else there in the woods, she noticed a drone and a stranger uploading a hard drive into it.

And as the drone left the island, Annie growled in warning and left the area and back to camp. She knew that something bad was going to happen and she has to be prepared for it.