Chapter 21- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.3

(Chapter 21- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.3)

Who the hell is making that noise? Do they know what time it is?

I try my best to block out the loud banging from the other room and cover my ears in hopes it will work. It must be mom or Regina in the kitchen trying to whip us up some breakfast. Now I’m normally really happy when it comes to food but wake me up before nine am on a weekend get prepared to meet my worst side

I let out a long frustrated groan when the noise continues and has now successfully wakened me. I’ll never get back to sleep now. All hope of a late morning has gone out the window. I’ll kill.

As I do every morning I rub the sleep from my eyes and push myself from the queen size bed in the unfamiliar room. I turn my head to look around the room I am blinded by the bright light coming from the around the blue curtains. I immediately use my hand as a shield so I can block out some of the light when I realize I am still in Brody’s cabin.

Holy cow! I’m in deep crap in my parents find me here. What time is it? My eyes quickly search the room for a clock while still trying to block out the light until I land on one. The bed side clock read 8:15 am which meant my parents would be up in fifteen minutes. It never failed. Every weekend they were always up by 8:30. It was sort of a routine of theirs. To them that was sleeping in. Some people I’ll never understand.

I sprung off the bed before doing a quick once over in the mirror. Thank goodness I don’t look like something straight from a horror movie this time. Maybe today won’t be so bad of a day after all. Once I enter the living room I have clear view of the kitchen and the first thing I notice is Brody in the kitchen again. Can someone say awe?

He was wearing an oven mitt and holding a fry pan in one hand while the other was swatting away the gray smoke filling the room. It had only just reached me when I begin to cough.

“Hey.” He says quickly while filling the pan with water.

More smoke filled the room over top of the other making it one think cloud. By this point I was desperate for fresh air. Seeing the best I could I make my way over to the window as the alarm blares loudly through the cabin and open the window letting the smoke go through.

Well this is a sight. I thought Brody was a chef but most chefs don’t catch their kitchens on fire. Or smoke them up.

Once the smoke clears and I can see clearly again I can’t help but smirk at him. Call me mean but you can’t deny the hilarity of the situation.

“What happened Emeril? Losing your touch?”

He releases the fry pan from his grasp and throws aside the mitt before making his way over to me with a smirk of his own playing in his lips. He slips a hand around my waist and pulls me to him in one swift motion like you see in the movies. And yes it was just as hot.

“Believe me. I’ll never lose my touch.”

Why do I have a feeling we’re not talking about the same thing anymore?

I stand there at a loss for a snappy comeback for that and blush. Yes, I know he’s right. He is too good to lose his touch.

He leans in and places a soft peck on the lips and smiles. “Will I?”

I unconsciously shake my head totally mesmerized by his body pressed against mine and my thought escape me. Why must I always get like this around him? I need to be strong. I’m sure this is exactly what all the other bimbos he dates are like. I need to get my head on.

“Do you have time for breakfast?” He asks.

Crap…time! What time is it? I look over to the clock on the wall and panic. Oh no. I’ve got five minutes to be back over at my cabin!