Chapter 7- Curiosity Killed The Cat

(Chapter 7- Curiosity Killed The Cat)

"Crap!" I shout when I realize I forgot my math book at home this morning. What a way to start off my Monday. Mr. Phillips will certainly have a field day with this. I'm pretty sure he's never liked me.

I can't believe I forgot it. I've never forgotten a book until today. It must have been due to my lack of sleep last night. I think that bike ride did something to me. I just feel a little off today. Oh well I'll just see if I can borrow Grace's for now.

"Hey Farrah. You ok?"

I quickly shut my locker and turn to see Hunter standing behind me smiling and blushed. I didn't know anyone was listening.

Hunter was one of Blake's friends from the football team. I remember him from a couple of the parties I went to with Blake. His idea not mine but they were still fun anyway. I quickly push away the memories when I felt that familiar hurt fill my chest again.

"Hey Hunter." I smiled weakly. "What brings you here?"

He shrugged. "I was just wondering if I could talk to you a minute."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why would he want to talk to me? The only thing we had in common before was Blake and now that's not even there.

"Uh....sure." I said after checking the halls for Brody. Somehow I don't think he would be ok with this but curiosity was getting the better of me.

"Not here." He said turning his back to me and walking down the hall.

I was starting to get the feeling I made a mistake but again I wanted to know what he wanted so I just kept walking. We rounded the corner of the hall and kept going until Hunter suddenly stopped in front of the janitor's closet in a deserted part of the hallway.

"What's up?" I asked.

Before he answered he shot me a guilty look and then moved his eyes to something behind me. I felt oddly confused and turned around only to come face to face with Blake standing in the doorway of the closet. Oh no.

Before I could make a move away from him, his arms wrapped around me from behind and pulled me inside the closet with him and shut the door. I tried to scream and kick for him to let me go but it did me no good seeing as he was stronger than me.

"Farrah, calm down. I just want to talk." He said when he released me.

I quickly turned to face him placing my back to the wall to get some distance from him in this tiny closet.

"Then you could have just asked like a normal person. You don't to do all of this." I yelled but the fear was still evident in my voice.

"I'm sorry but I thought you wouldn't come." He stated.

Yeah he was probably right but I couldn't let him know that or he'll know he was right.

"What do you want?" I say getting strait to the point.

He crossed his arms and a serious expression took over his features. "Why are you with Brody Bauer?"

Oh so this is what this was about? He's jealous.

"None of your business." I spat.

He had no right to question me about my actions when he should have been questioning his own.

"I don't buy that whole act about you liking him, Farrah. You have never showed any interest in him before. Do you even know him?"

"Better than I do you." I mumbled bitterly.