The truth

They were on their way back to the Reed estate. The sudden cancellation of the trip, did left Ezra wondering.

But she didn't ask it.

She needed rest anyways. Even slightest of worries, leave her with a throbbing headache by the end of the day.

She saw the change in the atmosphere. The enthusiasm and excitement with which they all came on this trip.

Seemed to be lost somewhere.

Turning around, she looked at everyone. To see them oddly silent. Lost in thoughts.

Her eyes locks with those grey eyes which were keenly staring at her.

And she turns around her back on him.

What's his problem? Why was he acting so weirdly?

She finds him almost everywhere. Taking hidden or rather as one would say bold glances at her.

Strange.

The flight lands and they reach back. Rushing in ,she was so excited to see her mother again.

She has lost her phone in that accident yesterday.

And she lost her contact with her mom and Declan.

I guess it will be a surprise to her mom as she didn't tell her, she was coming back today.

"Momma! I am back!"

She exclaims entering Aunt May's room. To find no one there. Her brows furrow ,as she turns around to find Mrs Reed standing behind her.

"Mrs Reed! How have you been!"

Ezra says to only see Mrs Reed sadly smiling at her. Pulling her for a hug.
Looking at the bandage on her forehead.

"How are you my daughter? It must have hurt so bad."

"Not that much Mrs Reed. Sometimes I think I have Superman genes!"

Mrs Reed smiles again. Kissing her forehead.

"Anyways Mrs Reed. Where is mom? Has she gone to the market?"

Her smile drops as she pulls Ezra along.

"Come with me my child."

Making her sit on the sofa, Ezra looks around to find everyone there.

And she suddenly felt anxious.

It was definitely something. Everyone was hiding something from her.

"What's it?"

Ezra asks, to only see Mr and Mrs Reed look at each other and nod. Sighing, Mrs Reed finally begins, not knowing how to say this.

"Ezra my child. Last night your mother..."

"May...she suddenly collapsed. We all got worried and hurried her to the hospital..."

"To know it was too late."

It felt like the world stopped for Ezra. As she steps towards Mrs Reed.

"Too late? Too late for what Mrs Reed. Mom was just fine! I talked to her yesterday morning? It must be because of weakness.....or she may have not eaten"

"She doesn't like eating food without me. I am telling you. It must be because of it."

"Come. Show me where she is. I am sure she will be fine after seeing me and eating food with me. Trust me"

Mrs Reed couldn't help it. A cry leaves her lips as she staggers back to be only supported by Mr Reed.

Ben comes towards Ezra. Holding her shoulders. Looking softly at her.