VI. 4:32

A/N: Happy Friday everyone! I personally love this chapter, I have no reason why but I just do. I'm a tad sick, so expect a lot of promos for new works I will be pumping out while getting drunk on cough syrup and tea. Oh! And I'd love to thank thiscouldbeparadise for commenting and giving me such fantastic praise and feedback on every chapter. You're lovely, thank you! With that I bid you adieu, remember to comment, fan and vote x

November 1st, 2011

The sun clouded under the London dawn. Heaters were pounding out surpluses of heat on this particularly brisk autumn morning while sleeping happy couples held each other close, the sad ones wishing they were the happy couples and the lonely people wishing they just had someone. Harry and Sydney fit into none, yet they were completely and utterly at peace.

Harry and Sydney had returned to Harry and Louis's apartment after the Halloween party. Sydney had adamantly refused coming back to the flat, but after making a beeline for the toilet to puke up food from the day laced with Vodka and Canada Dry she slipped into a deep sleep, her frame intertwined in Harry's presence on his bed. Harry, despite his previous relations with a certain Xtra Factor host that night was not drunk in the slightest. Harry had even helped her out of her tight superhero ensemble as she mumbled half asleep, half inebriated words.

"Harry, I want to go home," she would slur every few minutes.

"Soon, babe. Soon," he then would reply, kissing her sweaty palms.

After those several similar exchanges between the two, Sydney had let the alcohol get the best of her and drag her in a sleep worth being made into modern day fairytale. She slept with her naked figure facing the window view of London's big ben, her left cheek and sprawling dark hair pressing on the silk pillows Harry had exclusively ordered from Basil, France. Her right hand was laid against the comforter, while a sleepless Harry on the other side toyed with her left.

It was 4:32 in the morning, and Harry was tracing delicate shapes on her bare, flaw lacking back. He first started tracing geometric shapes against the contours of her spine. He remembered how Sydney would scold him in 7th grade for not knowing the right angles of each polygon's dimensions, so he drew a plethora of squares, even more circles and a few triangles. He then traced lines from each angles to meet at all one point on her lower back where he began his next task as an artist.

At 4:37, he started writing song lyrics. Many were Coldplay, which reminded him of when they saw them in 9th grade at the O2 and during Yellow she wound her arms around his waist and looked at him with fireworks dancing in her blue irises. He replicated the exact moment of the song on her back.

"Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones turn into something beautiful. Do you know, you know I love you so?"

There were a few Damien Rice lyrics, one from "The Blower's Daughter" reading simply:

"I can't take my eyes off of you."

That alluded to the many times Harry couldn't seem to pull his gaze away from his best friend from any action she would be doing. Like the time in year 8 Harry couldn't shake off his awe as she was working on a poster for dance team. She was so concentrated on doing a proper job that she didn't fret if her hair fell in front of her stern eyes or dipped in the blue paint beside her, she didn't dare to remove herself from the task. That's the moment when Harry realized he loved her with every fiber within himself.

He traced a lyric from Lifehouse's song "Everything," it reading:

"How can I stand here with you, and not be moved by you?"