S1E3 ☾ Pack Mentality ☽

>•<

>•<

"So, you killed her?" Stiles asks Scott, who was explaining the dream he had about attacking Allison. The three of us walk through the doors of the school.

"I don't know. I just woke up and I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have," Stiles says. "Usually ends a little differently..."

"Oh, my God." I bury my face in my hands.

"A. I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B.—" Scott gives Stiles a disgusted look. "Never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

"Noted."

"Let me take a guess here—" Stiles starts, but is cut off by Scott.

"No, I know—you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

"Ding, ding, ding," I say.

"No, of course not," Stiles says. "...Yeah, that's totally it."

"Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take," Stiles continues.

"Yeah... not a class, but maybe a teacher."

"Who, Derek?" Stiles smacks him up the back of the head. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

"Yeah, I don't think he wants to speak to any of us... or look at us... or be in the same vicinity as us..." I make dramatic gestures to get my point across.

"Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus... it felt so real."

"How real?"

"Like it actually happened."

The boys push the doors open and we walk outside. I stop dead in my tracks when I see a school bus with the back door dented, just barely on its hinges. Blood covers the inside of it and is splattered all over the door.

"I think it did."

>•<

"Maybe it was my blood on the door..." Scott wonders.

I write down some notes for the chemistry class we're currently in. We found Allison and she's totally fine. Not the victim of whatever happened in the school bus.

"Could have been animal blood," I suggest, not looking up from my notes.

"Yeah! Maybe you caught a rabbit or something," Stiles says.