S1E5 ☾ The Tell ☽

>•<

>•<

"Mmm." Mr. Stilinski takes a bite of his burger. "Did they forget my curly fries?"

"They better not have forgotten mine," I say, grabbing the bag out of Stiles' lap and rummaging through it. I sigh in relief when I find them, and hand the bag back up front.

Stiles, Mr. Stilinski, and I are sitting in the squad car in the parking lot, eating fast food for supper. Since I don't have any family, they always invite me along. It's become sort of a tradition for us.

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones," Stiles tells him, digging through the bag and pulling out more food.

"Can you believe this y/n? He won't let me have the curly fries!" Mr. Stilinski looks at me in the rear view mirror.

"Sorry, Mr. Stilinski, but I'm with Stiles on this one. You eat them a lot and they're not good for you," I say, shoving my own curly fries in my mouth because they are soooo good.

"Thank you, y/n," Stiles says.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

"If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong."

"Unit one, do you copy?" A dispatcher's voice comes across the radio. Stiles reaches to answer it, but Mr. Stilinski slaps his hand away.

"Sorry," Stiles mumbles.

"Unit one, copy," Mr. Stilinski answers.

"Got a report of a possible one-eight-seven," The dispatcher says.

"A murder!?" Stiles and I shout in unison, curly fries falling out of his mouth.

A few minutes later, we pull up to the crime scene.

"Woah..." I whisper to myself.

"Stay here!" Mr. Stilinski instructs us and gets out of the squad car. When do Stiles and I ever obey, though.

"Oh, no way," Stiles mutters under his breath, and I look out the window and see what he was talking about.

There sits Lydia in the back of an ambulance, with Jackson standing next to her. Thankfully, she looks unharmed, and unfortunately, so does Jackson.

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine." Jackson irritably tells Mr. Stilinski. The two of them argue and Jackson keeps insulting the sheriff, but Mr. Stilinski ignores it.

I hate that boy so much. Nobody talks to my best friend's father that way. Especially Jackson. I begin getting out of the car, and Stiles follows.

"Oh, whoa! Is that a dead body?" Stiles points at a gurney that, in fact, has a dead body on it. Mr. Stilinski gives Stiles a look and he decides to get back in the car.