S1E7 ☾ Night School ☽

>•<

>•<

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott yells, the three of us holding the school doors shut as the Alpha prowls around outside.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles yells back.

"Grab something!" I shout, looking around. "Anything!"

Stiles stands up, looking out the windows. I stand up to see what he's looking at, which are his bolt cutters lying several feet away from the doors. "Don't you even think about it!" I warn him, grabbing on to his shirt sleeve. "Stiles, NO!"

"Yes!" He slowly opens the doors and steps outside, glancing around for the Alpha. I slide out the doors with him. He needs some form of protection, and I can give that. Claws, fangs... and I can hear, see, and smell if the Alpha is getting close to us.

"Y/n! No!" Scott tries to pull me back, but I jerk my wrist out of his grasp and follow after Stiles.

"Y/n, you have to go back!" Stiles whisper shouts at me.

"No. Not without you." I press my back up against the doors and try to get my heart to stop beating so damn fast so I can hear better. So far, everything is okay. Stiles jogs down the steps and grabs the bolt cutters. Then I see it. It crawls out from behind Stiles' Jeep on all fours. Stiles pauses and watches it, anticipating its next move.

"Stiles," I say calmly, but my voice shaking, "run."

It lunges towards us, running full speed. Scott opens the doors for us, and Stiles and I take off running, just barely getting inside and securing the doors in time. I stand up and look out the window, but it's already gone.

"Where is it? Where did it go?" Scott asks, the three of us backing away from the doors. "That won't hold, will it?"

"Probably not," Stiles says grimly. We look around the dark hallway we're standing in, then hear a howl nearby.

It's gotten inside.

I grab the boys' wrists and take off running into a classroom.

"The desk!" Stiles points, we begin pushing it but it makes a terrible screeching sound across the floor. "Stop, stop. The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know," I breath out.

"It's Deaton," Stiles says.

"What?"

"Deaton? The Alpha? Your boss?" He looks at Scott, then at me. "Your guardian?"

"No," I say.

"Yes! Murdering psycho-werewolf."

"No. It's not." I shut the idea down.

"Oh, come on! He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"