The Life of a Werewolf

Derek's p.o.v. 

I woke up the next morning with McKenna in my arms. She is still passed out asleep. I mean, I can't blame her. We didn't much do sleeping last night. 

God, she's beautiful. Not to mention how good she is. She deserves so much more than what life has given her. 

Then her facial expression changes. Her eyebrows scrunch up, and her breathing starts to get heavy. Her head starts to move back and forth quickly and grips my arm tight. 

She's having a nightmare. 

"Hey, hey, Kenna, wake up," I say, shaking her slightly.

Her eyes shoot open, and she starts freaking out and struggling. 

"Hey, Kenna, It's me, Derek. It's Derek. You're at the train station," I say, trying to get her to calm down.

I see the realization set in her eyes as her breathing slows. It isn't until now that I can see her in the light that I see scars littering her body. Big ones, small ones, some looked like stab wounds and others like bullet wounds, some I couldn't place. 

I hadn't realized that her being a hunter could mean so much pain. 

"I'm sorry I...I had a nightmare," She said.

"It's okay. We all get them sometimes. Do you wanna share what it was about?" I ask carefully.

"Umm, it was this demon a while back. Crowly. He wanted my brothers' help, something to do with his mom Rowena who was an ancient witch. Anyway, he had taken me captive at one point because my brothers' refused to help him. Let's just say he didn't make it a nice vacation for me," She explains, touching a scar on her left side with her right hand almost instinctively. 

I think she saw my eyes going from scar to scar and got self-conscious because she pulled the blankets back over her.

"As a human, we get to keep our scars. They don't just heal right away like yours. And sometimes they don't look pretty," She says softly, sounding upset. 

"Hey, look at me," I tell her, putting my finger under her chin and bringing her gorgeous blue eyes to look at me. 

"You are gorgeous. Every inch of you, scars and all," I say to her sincerely and bring her in for a soft kiss. 

"Thank you," She whispers. 

"And besides, I think scars are hot," I say with a playful grin raising my eyebrows at her. This makes her smile and give me a cute little playful glare.

"Alright, wolf boy, we've got a lizard to catch," She says, climbing out of bed.

~Time Skip~

McKenna's p.o.v.

Me, Derek, and Isaac are headed to meet Scott at Dr. Deaton's. He might be able to help us with catching both Jackson and the one controlling him. 

We walk through the door, and get a wonderful warm welcome from Scott. 

"What's he doing here?" He asks, referring to Isaac.

"I need him," Derek replies walking in with Isaac and I trailing behind him. He's so different when we're not alone.

"Well, I don't trust him," Scott replies. 

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac replies, walking past Derek. 

"You know what? Derek really doesn't care," Derek responds. 

"McKenna thinks you're all equally stupid," I say, continuing their third-person stupidity.