Listen Close Wolf Boy

That's her hair but her's is longer. 

McKenna's p.o.v.

The school is buzzing with activity when I walk in. Kids all hanging out with their friends before their first class starts.

I get looks from people every now and then. People can't get enough of the 'new mystery girl' who showed up out of nowhere but yet doesn't actually go to school here.

I walk into the nearest bathroom. I look myself up and down in the mirror. I do look really good but I can't get Derek out of my head. What was he thinking. He probably wasn't and that was the problem.

I look in the mirror one last time nodding to myself. I look too good to be sad, I look too good to be sad. I repeat to myself until I feel better.

I leave the bathroom and walk down the hall. I turn the corner and see Scott and Stiles sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I stand a few steps up from them so I wouldn't interrupt.

"I'm so sorry about the other day, I'm trying. We'll get through this. I know because I love you." Stiles is saying to Scott making me confused. I decide to make my presence known.

"Um, am I interrupting something?" I ask, sitting on the next step up between them.

"Oh my god! H-hi McKenna! How are you? Wow you look really good!" He says awkwardly. I must've scared him.

"Thanks, but did you just come out to Scott?" I ask smiling. 

"What!? NO! Dammit. You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate." He says quickly.

"Come on! You're the only one we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" Scott asks desperately.

"Yes, she's coming to the game tonight. Okay message complete." He says frustrated.

"Now, tell me about your boss." Stiles says and Scott glances around to make sure no one else is listening.

"Uh, he thinks that Allison's family keeps a kind of, uh, record of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Scott says and I know what he's talking about.

"Like a bestiary." Stiles and I say at the same time. We look at each other and smile.

"What?" Scott asks looking at us confused.

"A bestiary." Stiles says and Scott laughs.

"I think you mean bestiality." He says smiling.

"Nope. I'm pretty sure he doesn't. My brothers and I have one, we just don't call it that." I say.

"Yeah, its like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." Stiles explains.

"How am I the only one that doesn't seem to anything about this stuff?" Scott asks frustrated.

"Okay, you know, you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night. Its kinda like a priority of mine." Stiles says.

"And its literally my job." I say.

Okay, if we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing really is." Scott says.

"And who." Stiles interjects.

"We need that book." They at the same time and look at each other weirdly.

I think about telling them what I know but that would be betraying Derek. As mad at him as I am right now I can't betray his trust. For some reason I just know my loyalty will always lie with Derek. Unless of course it has to do with my brothers.