Part 8: Midnight Mischief

"Someone's in trouble," Pansy said, giggling. "What did you do?"

Y/N stared at the ground a minute while her heart rate picked up. She was thinking through her past week and couldn't think of a thing she could have possibly done to go straight to the headmaster for.

"No idea," she said finally looking up, locking eyes with Draco. "I can't think of anything." Then her eyes moved to Sarah who looked incredibly concerned.

"I can come with you...?" Sarah said, trying to make things better.

"No. Professor Dumbledore asked for y/n. He didn't ask for anyone else." The prefect said impatiently.

"He's right. See you all later." Y/N said, shooting one last concerned look at Sarah and Draco. 

The walk up to the castle was a silent one and y/n grew more anxious with every step. As they finally reached the school, the prefect led her a different direction than she remembered from that night with Professor Snape. Where were they going? The walk just got more and more confusing when the prefect stopped at a pair of giant oak doors. Now she knew she wasn't going to Dumbledore's office.

"Professor Dumbledore waits for you inside." And then he left her standing there, staring at the doors.

Y/N stood there for maybe five minutes before she finally got the courage to open the doors. When she did, she was greeted by a bright office, with Professor Snape, Professor Dumbledore, and a matron.

"Ah! There you are, my dear! Come! Sit!" Dumbledore looked as cheery as ever and Professor Snape was giving her a tight lipped smile. The room had a desk in the middle of it with a door behind it. The matron sat in the desk.

"Hello, darling. I'm Madame Pomfrey, and I've been told that you are interested in become a Matron yourself. How would you like to have a few classes with me to learn my trade?" Madame Pomfrey smiled kindly at her. 

Y/N smiled widely. "That sounds amazing! When do I start?"

Dumbledore laughed. "Very ambitious. No wonder you're a Slytherin." His eyes sparkled knowingly. "How often would you like to take lessons with Madame Pomfrey?"

"Er...as often as possible I think," y/n said, earning a smile from the matron.

"Well then, Darling, I'll make this easy for both of us. Whenever you have a free period and want to come learn from me, you can. But keep in mind, to become a matron, you have to get at least an 'Exceeds Expectations' in nearly all your classes, so your working with me cannot interfere with your grades. I'd also like to make it known to you that, if you keep your grades high and work well, I will have you on call if I'm ever overwhelmed. How does that sound?" 

"That sounds brilliant!" Madame Pomfrey was so kind to let y/n learn from her, and y/n found the terms of their arrangement reasonable. "When is my first lesson?"

"You can start coming in on Monday. Just keep your grades high, and we'll get along just fine," Madame Pomfrey said with a kind smile. 

"Well, Poppy, if that is all, let us not keep y/n from her afternoon off. You can leave, y/n," said Dumbledore brightly, nodding toward the door. 

"Thank you, Madame Pomfrey! Thank you, Professor Snape and Professor Dumbledore!" Y/N went to the door and, as she left, she overheard Madame Pomfrey speak to Snape.

"You were right, Professor Snape. She is a very kind, intelligent girl. I think she is going to do well as a matron."

Y/N didn't hear Professor Snape's response, but she was in an incredible mood with her new class. 

A Snake's Crutch Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें