Chapter Four

YN breathed heavily, still holding a hand to her shoulder, blood oozing through her fingers at a slow pace. She stared at the closed elevator doors, her breath still in her lungs. She'd ended up somewhere unexpected, but all she could think about was the name attached to that email, and she worried about what she'd done might have put a target on more than her own back.

The doors opened, revealing a clean looking living room, it's empty sofas not easing YN's nerves at all. YN groaned softly as she stepped forward, exhaustion settling into her aching bones. It'd taken nearly two hours to lose her tails, the constant driving on the motorbike leaving her freezing cold and tired.

YN jumped as the lights switched on, revealing a familiar face at the other end of the room.

"Captain Rogers." YN said, turning slightly so Steve wouldn't see her shoulder wound. "Apologies for the late visit."

"Not a worry, Ma'am. Is there something I can help you with?" YN flicked her eyes between Steve's alarmingly blue eyes, trying to find any ounce of distrust within them. Unable to come to a conclusion, YN painted a tight smile on her face.

"Is Mr. Stark available?" Steve raised an eyebrow in question, and YN watched his eyes flick to his watch curiously. "I just have a question regarding our conversation the other day, the one that I so kindly requested."

Before Steve could respond, Tony rounded the corner as YN had hoped, confirming her eavesdropping theory. "All good, Rogers, I think I can take the lady." Steve rolled his eyes, nodding towards Tony.

"Alright. Good evening, Agent Silver." YN nodded to Steve as he left, gritting her teeth as Tony stared at her.

"What did you need Silver?" YN swallowed, her breath trying hard to even out.

"Not here." YN said, leaning forward to grab Tony's arm and pulling him toward her. "I need some alone time with you."

"Listen, you're one hell of a woman, but I think-" YN shushed him as she pulled him toward a bathroom, earning a choked noise from the billionaire. "Agent Silver I-"

"Shut up." She muttered, slamming the door shut and falling against it. "Just shut up." She groaned, slipping down it and pulling her sleeve back, revealing a wound that looked worse than it was. "Shit."

"Holy... What the hell, you're bleeding?" YN rolled her eyes, ripping her jacket off and pressing her hand harder against it. Tony made a frazzled motion with his hands, bending down to get a first aid kit from below the sink. He handed her a bandage, receiving a muffled "Thanks."

YN started to roughly patch her wound up as Tony watched, his arms crossed and a confused frown on his face. "That file, did you read it?" YN asked, as she flinched, pushing a needle through her skin. Tony shook his head, putting his thumb in his mouth. "Does anyone else know what's on it?" Another shake of the head and YN sighed, closing her eyes briefly. "Thank God."

"What happened?" Tony asked, his voice softer than usual. He was on edge, YN could tell, and he was worried, watching the woman stitch her own arm up in his bathroom, sounding as if someone was hurting her because of what Tony had given her.

"They know I know." She said, getting to her feet and moving to the sink to wash the blood from her hands.

"Know what?" YN shook her head, scrubbing hard as the water turned bright red. "Silver-"

"No, I'm not saying anything, it could ruin my investigation." Tony groaned, running a hand through his black hair and laughing shallowly.

"I think it's a bit more than your investigation when you show up at my apartment, bleeding and spouting nonsense about the file I supplied you." YN shook her head, wiping her hands down her jeans. "YN, tell me."