Chapter Nine

**There is mentions of drug abuse/domestic abuse/and child death in this chapter, if this is something that triggers you, please read with caution.

The silence was intense as YN sat in the driver's seat, hands patting the wheel lightly. Kitted out in the worlds worst disguises, YN and Tony were sat in a car just outside the Triskileon gates, looking up at the building, in what should be anticipation, but in reality was boring.

The lack of action was causing YN great anxiety as her mind spiraled. She had barely slept, waking nearly hourly with a jolt. If it wasn't a horrifying image of Derek's body, then it was some interpretation of being swallowed in darkness, alone, or Tony laughing at her.

Her hands shook as she moved them to her lap, her teeth worrying her bottom lip until she tasted copper. Her body twitched as a granola bar landed in her hands, her eyebrows furrowing at it. Looking up, she glanced at Tony, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I know you haven't eaten since yesterday morning." YN shrugged, looking back up to the window. It was the first thing Tony had said to her all day, and by the sound of his tone, it was reluctant. "Silver, we can't be halfway through this fight and you pass out."

"Gone through worse in worse condition." YN shrugged again, lifting the bar and stretching her arm out, trying to hand it back to the glaring man. "You have it, I'll be fine."

"If you don't eat that granola bar, Silver, I'll lock you in the trunk." YN and Tony glared at each other for several minutes before YN relented, ripping the packet open and shoveling half of it with a sarcastic smile, trying to hide how hungry she truly was. "I know you forget to feed yourself, it's a bad habit."

"Oh yeah? And how do you know that?" YN rolled her eyes, swallowing the remainder of the bar.

"Because I have the same one." YN blinked but didn't lift her gaze. "Now, stop being a brat and listen to me next time." Tony muttered, crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat.

Another few minutes of uncomfortable silence fell upon them, and YN filled it with telling herself what a fucking idiot she was, to think that Tony would want anything with her, a workaholic with a bad sense of humor and a borderline eating disorder. She knew the women he surrounded himself with, beautiful, tall, funny and... well anyone but YN.

"Are you going to have a funeral? You know after all of this?" YN's breath stilled at his words, the surprise she felt nearly shocking her into a coughing fit.

"I don't know... I probably wouldn't be invited anyway." Tony frowned, turning to look at her as he took in a mouthful of water. "Especially when they find out it was my fault."

"YN-" YN shook her head, closing her eyes. "Tell me about him?" Her eyes found Tony's again, searching him for anything that would tell her to shut her mouth, and leave it that way forever. Finding nothing, YN swallowed thickly, staring out the front window.

"I met Derek when we graduated the academy, we were rookies together." YN chuckled, feeling sadness well in her chest. "His first job was a pretty chill breaking and entering, had to bust up a guy with a knife. Not a big deal." YN shrugged as Tony watched her. "We actually laughed about it, went for drinks afterwards, and he told me that mine would probably be a high profile drug bust."

"Was it?" YN licked her lips, nodding her head solemnly.

"I guess." She whispered. "Got called to a house for a report of malicious assault with intent." Tony held his breath, not liking where this was going. "We get there and there's this guy, kind of dirty looking, definitely high on something. We take him in and search the home... The parents were so high they'd-" YN choked, shaking her head as she forced back her emotions. "We found the body of a six year old boy locked in the back room. Parents said he was infected... He'd starved to death."