Chapter Thirteen

"And then he asked if I wanted to use his machine." Sharon giggled, tucking her legs underneath her. YN laughed, shaking her head as she took a sip of her water.

"That man is as smooth as a cheese grater." Natasha muttered, a snicker leaving her mouth soon after. "YN would know all about smooth men though, huh?" YN swallowed, licking her lips to cover a shy smile. Her shoulders lifted and dropped making the two women scoff. "Please," Natasha exaggerated, waving her hands. "Look at you, giddy smile and flushed cheeks."

"She's right, you look like a completely different person, and not in a 'I nearly died' kind of way." YN chuckled, keeping her gaze low. "And, uh, since when did you laugh?"

This brought laughter to all three women, YN having to limit her movements as her stomach tightened in protest. "Alright, you two," YN sighed, her grin not leaving. "Enough teasing, you'll make me tear my stitches." The two other women raised their hands in surrender.

"You think they're still out there?" Sharon finally asked, crossing her knees. "HYDRA?"

"I think those who escaped are running for their lives." YN smiled, placing a hand on top of Sharon's. "And when I get back to New York, I'll be gathering a team to make sure they don't get far." Sharon smiled, nodding her head as Natasha watched them fondly.

A knock at the door had all three women looking over to where Tony was leaning against the door, a bouquet a flowers in his hands. YN sighed, rolling her eyes as she relaxed into the bed. Tony grinned, stepping in and placing the flowers by the bed.

The other two women nodded their head in goodbye, eyebrows wiggling as they shut the door behind them. YN smiled over to the man, gripping his hand as he settled into the arm chair next to her.

"Hello, beautiful." YN bit her lip to repress a grin, her eyes sparkled as Tony gazed into them. He was astonished at how open YN had become around him, or the other possibility that Tony had become a lot better at reading her. "You're looking a lot better."

"Was I looking bad?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow. Tony screwed up his nose, a small laugh falling from his lips. YN chuckled softly, squeezing his hand before dropping it. "When can I get out of here?" Tony sighed, giving her a pointed look. "I need to get back to what I do best, Tony."

"What? Being a pain in people's asses?" YN rolled her eyes as she huffed. "The police were talking with Steve, they have an investigation underway into the scrambling organization-" YN opened her mouth, ready to argue before Tony stopped her. "They know that it's your investigation, the bureau have already saved your spot. But," YN rolled her eyes again at the word. "You need to rest. You nearly died, YN."

"Yes," YN said blankly. "I realize that. It's not the first time and I have a feeling it won't be the last. This job is important to me, Tony. I thought you'd understand that?" Tony licked his lips, his head nodding slowly. "Okay, so when can I get out of here?"

"A couple of days," YN groaned loudly, tipping her head back. "Please, YN. A couple of days, and then you can go back to your intimidating, scary nature. Just let me look after you for a few more days." YN stared at the brunette man, her lips pursed before she relented. "Thank you-"

"After I'm out of here, you cannot coddle me, you understand?" Tony frowned, crossing his arms with a pout. "Okay, only in private." Tony smirked, leaning forward to kiss YN's forehead.

YN's eyes fluttered shut blissfully, her breath stuttering. It was the closest they'd been since their kiss on the roof a few days prior. Tony paused, his forehead tipping forward to touch hers. Their breaths mingled as YN leant up, brushing her lips against his.