Chapter 2 | Welcoming My Intrusive Nature With Closed Arms

***Adriana Anderson POV***

I picked up the yellow file, grasping it tight between my fingers as I re-read Aiden's name again and again. I was debating whether to open it or not. It didn't feel right, reading his personal information. But, why did dad have it? This was to only be viewed by the Board of Directors.

I flipped the first page, my hands slightly shaking as my breath became uneven. In the top left corner was Aiden's photo where he was standing with his perfect jet brown hair slicked back, his pale complexion and his sharp jawline. One look at him and for a second I had forgotten that this was the same person who tried to kill me, that's how strong his charisma was.

I read his bio next. He was 17 years old, born on February 13. The next couple of things were his skills rated out of 10. For elemental manipulation, he had gotten a 9/10 - something only he was capable of - and the same for spell casting.

For hand-to-hand combat, he had gotten 10/10 and the same for his learning skills. He was an intellectual, not to mention that he had passed the tests with flying colours.

I snorted a little, quietly, as I read that he got 2/10 for teamwork. We had a couple of classes together, and I remember Aiden not making an effort to talk to Hermione, who was his partner for one of the million projects we did in school.

The big paragraph at the halfway mark of the page threw me off guard, such a big piece of writing and the person didn't think to split it into sections? I read the first sentence, and I wasn't expected to be thrown off guard like that.

Born to Stella and Steven Sullivan who passed away in a house fire when Aiden was just one, he grew up in an orphanage located in Lauterbrunnen.

"You didn't tell me Aiden was an orphan." I turned around with the file in my hand as my dad lifted his head to meet my eyes

His eyes widened when he realised I was holding Aiden's file, his body tensing up as he stumbled on his words, but in the end, nothing came out. He quickly stood up from his chair, accidentally bumping into the corner of the table in his hurry to get to me.

"You didn't tell me you assessed Aiden when he was in prison?" I spoke, sternly

The way my dad wrote, his handwriting, his style; It was all in this file. He confirmed my thoughts when I saw the letter F look like a Y. He always did that. Another habit I had picked up from him.

"You really shouldn't have that." He warned, his thick English accent slipping as he reached out his hand to grab the file from me, which only resulted in me hiding it behind my back

Why was he so scared for me to read it?

"Ana, that file is confidential. You know you can't have it." He warned me once again, his hand stretched out in front of his body as his palm faced upwards, waiting for me to give him the file

I scanned him for a couple of moments, trying to read him. He looked more afraid than nervous, the ways his eyes darkened, and his face became more intimidating than mine. It was the little details that gave it away.

I brought the file from behind me, resting it on his palm before he quickly took it away from me, putting it away in one of his drawers and locking it shut, shoving the key in the pocket of his pants.

"When I analysed him, he didn't say anything about you or answer any questions as to why he did what he did. But, he did continuously ask if you were okay." Dad spoke, the tip of his fingers resting against the desk as his body slightly leaned forward

"He said that he'll accept whatever punishment is coming his way and I quote 'I feel guilty of what I did.' So I suggested to the Board of Directors a quick punishment. A death sentence. But judge Nina had different plans."