24

After checking with Carrie and Mike that it was okay for Roman to stay round, I watched as Roman stuffed a bunch of his things into the same backpack he usually brings to college. And then, we were in his mum's car, and he was driving us back to my place. I made sure to say a quick goodbye to Romeo and Sofia, so I still seemed polite, and Romeo didn't feel the need to go off on me again.

By the time Roman was parked outside my house, my nerves were occupied with excitement. Maybe tonight we'd do more than make out. I had no idea, but I was excited to find out. And even if we did just make out all night, that's not a bad way to spend the evening.

"You drive a Fiat 500?" questioned Charlie with a judgemental tone from the couch when I walked through the front door with Roman. I'd told Charlie and Emily that I would be bringing Roman back after Carrie and Mike had confirmed that they didn't mind him spending the night.

"Yeah...," Roman said looking a little embarrassed. "It's my mum's."

"Right..."

"C'mon," I said grabbing Roman's hand and dragging him upstairs. I didn't want to spend all evening talking to Charlie. Though I ended up bumping into Carrie at the top of the stairs.

"Oh, hi love," she said in greeting towards me. "And you must be Roman."

"Yes, hi Mrs umm..."

"It's Colloway, Carrie Colloway, but just Carrie is fine."

"Hi Carrie." Roman managed to make some small talk with her and by the time I finally manage to drag him away again, I was certain Carrie liked him. Hopefully she would pass on the message that Roman's a nice guy to Mike and hopefully neither of them will want to invite him round for dinner any time soon. I don't think I could handle another one of those again so quickly.

"Finally," I sighed when I was at last back in my room with my kind of boyfriend who I was definitely not going to call my boyfriend out loud because we haven't talked about that yet.

"Were you that excited to get me all alone?" Roman asked in a teasing tone as I sat on the edge of my bed and flopped down onto my back.

"You wish," I replied. "Maybe I was just done with social interaction for today."

"You sure about that?" Roman came over to me and climbed onto the bed with his knees either side of me. I leant forward on my elbows to get a better view of what he was doing but all he did was bring his face right in front of mine.

"Yeah."

As he leant his head forward more, I lowered myself back onto the bed to get away, but then his face was right above mine and I couldn't move anymore with the mattress in the way.

"You don't wanna interact with me or anything?"

"Interact how?" I asked playing dumb.

"I don't know. Maybe like this?" he teased before kissing me on the neck on the side with all his hickies that were covered up with makeup. "Or like this." This time he kissed my ear. "Or this." My cheek. "Or maybe this." Finally, my lips.

I didn't bother protesting and instead kissed him back as his tongue pushed its way into my mouth. My legs wrapped around his waist without me even realising I had done it at the same time as my arms wrapped around his neck. His lips were so soft and sweet. There was a faint taste of the ice cream we had eaten not so long ago still on his tongue. I didn't mind. But I did mind when he pulled away smirking.

"You sure you didn't just wanna get me alone?" he teased some more. I shrugged and we made out some more. "I um... you don't mind if we just make out tonight, right? I can't wait to do more with you, but this is the first time I'm staying over and I don't want any of your family walking in on us."