Chapter 16: Sins of the Founders

Location: Lift Area to Parts and Service

Time: 12:01am

With his battery depleting fast and his systems near failure, Freddy Fazbear goes towards a wide lift (capable of fitting at least 2 animatronics inside) that will bring him as close as possible to the Repair Room in Parts and Service Area. However, one of Freddy's broken legs halt their functioning and suddenly, he starts to limp. Knowing that he could give way in a matter of seconds, he places an unconscious Gregory on a nearby table before collapsing to the floor.

He just needed to rest for a bit and then, he could move onward to the repair room.

"Sorry, I need to go on Standby Mode for a while." The giant bear says to the ghosts, "Tell me when he wakes up and please don't use me to hurt him. Either of you."

With that, Freddy shuts his eyes. Micheal and Henry materialise and stare at the two individuals who were out of commission.

"Henry. I felt HIS presence infecting Monty." Mike informs the older man.

"Who?"

"My Father. Something was different about him though....his soul didn't feel like a human soul...it was unnatural, incomplete ...Like His." Mike points towards Gregory, "You noticed it too right? The first time we met the boy?"

"I did. Do you think something went wrong with William's latest resurrection?"

"Beats me. For now I can only speculate that my father accidentally split his soul into two when he tried to create this clone and that he wants Gregory not only to be reborn but have his soul complete again." Micheal scratches his head, "It's odd. This boy's soul is William's and yet at the same time not really... Argh I don't want to think about this anymore. I'm going to kill him right now."

Henry seizes Mike's wrist tightly once again.

"Micheal, I hate to say this but...do you really want to be a murderer like your father?"

"Don't you dare compare me to him, Henry!" Mike aggressively shouted at his father's former partner, "He killed people for his selfish ends. I'm doing this for the greater good. The world doesn't need another William running around, believe me".

"What if Gregory was just doing it in self-defense?" Henry reasons with Mike again, "That robot was trying to capture him after all?"

"Stop lying to yourself Henry! You saw it too: He kept stabbing that thing long after it seemed to have stopped functioning like a fucking psycho. And that face...I don't like that look he had on his face at all. Have you seen William like this before Henry?"

"Only once." Henry admitted, his eyes looking away from Mike with feelings of guilt.

"Once? Wait...don't tell me...you saw him kill the children?!"

"It's worse than that." Henry lowered his head, "I have blood on my hands too Micheal because indirectly ... I helped your father kill those children by covering up the evidence."

"You WHAT!" Mike rushes at Henry, closing distance until he is face to face with the man.

"Hear me out Mike!" he places his hands in a surrender gesture before lowering them seconds later, "I only did it because he promised me that would resurrect Charlie. Back then, I hadn't known he'd killed my daughter and I...was at a very low point in my life after she died. He told me of his research with "Remnant", about how if he could get enough data on this substance, he could find a way to resurrect my daughter. However, to do that, lives would need to be sacrificed".

"And you let him murder those kids?!"

"Believe me, I was very hesitant to let William do this but then he told he needed to so that he could also find a way to resurrect your siblings. When he said that, I felt sympathy for him because he too was grieving for his dead children and I assumed he wanted them back as badly as I did".