Chapter 26: The Afton Family Part 2

Location: Depths of the Pizzaplex

Time: Unknown, (1 year ago)

William Afton and Vanny surround the body of Circus Baby who is motionless but still beautiful among the trash heap like a flower blooming along the cracks of a sidewalk.

Meanwhile, Charlie was camouflaging her body behind a mound of trash, having decided that she would only jump in if William tried something funny as she was waiting and wanting to see what William would chat about with Elizabeth after a year of being apart.

"Elizabeth~" William croons to his beloved daughter sweetly, "How are you?"

The mechanical ice cream dispensing robot girl is quiet even though William can sense that his daughter is there and has heard him.

"Elizabeth? Hello ~ It's your Father. Do you remember me?"

"Go away." Elizabeth aggressively shoos him off.

"Elizabeth?" Vanny takes a step back in surprise, complementing William's reaction, "Sweetheart? What's wrong?"

"Don't come near me! You're a monster. Charlie told me everything: About what you did to her, those children and even Uncle Henry!"

"Well...they were necessary sacrifices for my research with Remnant. The reason I killed and betrayed them was to resurrect you, Charlie and Evan. Did she ever tell you that?"

"You're a liar." she snapped at him, "Charlie says you only wanted immortality for yourself. You were never going to resurrect us".

William sighed, "I see...what else did she say to you?"

"She told me you might have killed me for your research too."

"'Might' is the important word here Elizabeth." William uses this opportunity to convince his daughter to work with him once again, "I didn't kill you for my research. You were a silly, naive girl who had the misfortune of disobeying my orders and as a consequence, you got yourself killed by one of my animatronics even though I specifically told you to never go near them".

"But even if I hadn't done that, you probably would have sacrificed me if you needed to. Wouldn't you?"

"Ehhh..." he makes Vanny tap her feet on the ground for him, "I would have ... tried not to?"

"You know, the more time I spent alone here with my own thoughts and Charlie, the more I figured out you weren't a very good father to me: You told me you loved and cherished me the most but you always neglected me whenever I wanted to play with you." Elizabeth's voice grows more annoyed, "I was the Star of three performances in school but you never once showed up for any of them. You were always obsessed with your machines and the only times when you wanted to spend time with me was when you needed something from me..."

"That's not true Elizabeth..."

"You never really loved me! You just pretended to so that I'd do whatever you said. Sometimes I even wished that I could have been one of your machines so that you would love me more..." Elizabeth laughs sadly, "In an odd way, I got what I wished for but even then, after all that I did for you with Circus Baby, you still don't truly love me I bet".

William tries to formulate his next response. He had no idea why Elizabeth was being so unwilling to listen to him than she had been before.

"Vanny, can you push Circus Baby to the left a little?" William commands her, "I need to look behind her head".

"Yes Mr Afton."

The Rabbit lady pushes the robot with what strength she has, displaying to William that the circuits on the back of Circus Baby's head were fully fried by the flames.