The Meeting

"Hey there, How's it goin?"

"What's up?"

"Lookin' good!"

Erelin greeted every players she met. Earning some head shakes and amused chuckles from the players inside the Arcadia. After Running around the hangar and annoying half of it's occupant Soren managed to drag her off so he can get onto his business. The ship is filled with dozens and dozens of players. All with high level and fancy looking equipments. Being a member of one of the biggest guild in Oasis certainly has it's perk. Soren thought to himself.

"Hey, look! I saw his stream! I spied a couple of famous streamers too back in the hangar. This place is Whack!" Erelin once again broke Soren's musing. Prompting him to glance at the shorter female.

"Well... Being a member of black flag will certainly give you some views." He said with a shrug as he look around the halls. Some of the players are streaming as they walk. No doubt showing off the interior of the guild base. After a few minutes of walking around the ship they finally arrived at a grand looking door just across the door to the bridge. He knocked on it before a menu panel appeared in front of him. Granting him an access to enter and prompting him to enter the room. Once inside they were greeted by an even grander looking office. With rare artifacts placed upon the walls and a large window overseeing the sea of stars behind a large desk that's placed in the middle of the room. Just behind the desk an avatar with long flowing black hair greeted them with an amused expression on his face. He wore a futuristic long jacket that's styled over a pirate captain clothing. A tricorn decorated with metallic pins and a single neon colored feather that seems to change in color every seconds sits on top his head. His smile widen as he stood up from his chair. Granting the duo a clear look of his face. Sharp and elegant with handsome feature that gave him the air of nobility.

"Soren! My old friend. It's so good to see you again." He said with a dramatic tone while spreading his hands. Earning an annoyed expression from the helmeted player.

"Cut the theatrics Fenton. What do you want?" He said while crossing his arms in front of him and sat down on the seat right across the captain. Erelin's eyes went wide in disbelief at Soren's lack of tact. Fenton's face was frozen for a second before it morphed into a disappointed expression.

"Right.... I seems to have forgotten about your disdain of.... Theatrics...." He said as he look down for a second.

"But it was good seeing you nonetheless. And bringing company! You usually works alone!" He said as he glanced at his companion.

"Why do you talk really posh? Are you British?! Are you a noble?! Oh, oh! Are you roleplaying?! Erelin said with her usual overenthusiastic tone. Causing the captain to once again froze in place before he began to shift uncomfortably in his seat. Tilting his tricorn down to hide his expression.

"That's just how he talks. And this girl is Erelin. My.... friend. She just came along for the ride." Soren said as he leaned back on his seat while Erelin waved at the now embarrassed captain.

"Right! Right! Of course!" Fenton cleared his throat as he now look back at the pair. He snapped his finger and a second chair appeared next to Soren. He gestured towards the empty sear and prompting Erelin to take a seat. He cleared his throat once again and brought his hands in front of him in a thinking pose.

"As you already know. My guild mates and I has a very.... Tense relationship with the IOI." He said with a more serious expression.

"That's an understatement." Soren scoffed in reply. Fenton smiled slightly before he continued.

"And we happen to be very proud of that. Recently, we discovered that the IOI had taken over one of the planet in sector eleven as a farming facility for their new recruits. Blocking off the whole planet so no other players could even get close." Fenton said as he showed the pair a holomap of the planet. Erelin frowned upon hearing this before she leaned in close.

"I remember that planet! I used to go there all the time when I was a noob. And whenever I zeroed out."

"And now thousands of players are denied access to that planet." Fenton continued disdain clearly seen on his expression.

"What do the IOI want from such a low level planet?" Soren added as he glanced towards Fenton.

"We wondered about the same thing. So I sent one of our scout to investigate. And this is the last screen shot that he sent me. Before the IOI discovered him and zeroed him out." Fenton said as he show the group a screen shot of a dungeon entrance. It was heavily guarded with IOI patrols and they could see a glimpse of some heavily armored vehicles in the background.

"Looks like they managed to find an entrance to a secret dungeon that dropped high level artifacts. We can't let those knaves farm them!" He said as he slammed his palm to the table. Shocking Erelin who reared back to her seat.

"And what stopped you from storming the place and wipe them out? You're in good terms with other high shot guild masters. Why am I here?" Soren said while glancing at the captain.

"I'm afraid they are busy raiding other IOI occupied planets. And they erected a high level force field that keep us from doing any real damage. Whenever we raid them they simply retreat back to the force field. As to other players that doesn't affiliated with us. They simply gun them down on sight." He said while leaning back to his seat.

"So, what? You want me to go in guns blazing and take out the base. That's impossible." Soren scoffed and crossed his legs.

"Not exactly. I want you to sneak in. And destroy the force field so my guild mates could launch a full scale assault on the base." Fenton said with a wide smile. Confident that his plan was foolproof.

"But you said that whenever gets too close are gunned down on sight?" What's stopping them from doing the same to us?" Erelin piped in. Showing an unusual degree of attention for once. Earning her a raised eyebrow and surprised expression from her companion.

"Don't worry, I have taken the liberty of forming an alliance with small Gunther guilds. We will launch a full assault on their doorsteps. Forcing them to divert the bulk of their forces into a single point. Away, from your position." Fenton said with a satisfied smirk. Showing them the plan on the holomap.

"What makes you so sure that this will work?" Soren asked

"I have faith in your skill. That's why I'm asking you of all players. You'll be the spearhead of this operation." Fenton said with a glint of excitement in his eyes. Earning a tired sigh from Soren.

"Fine, what the hell. This better be worth it." Soren said as he got up from his seat.

"Don't fret my friend. You won't be going empty handed." Fenton said as he opened his menu and summoned a black briefcase on top of the table. It was dark grey with grid like cracks detailed onto it. Yellow light could be seen between the cracks. Giving off a circuit like vein appearance. In the center of the briefcase a silver circle is encompassing a three eyed demonic skull with a pair of horns and fangs. Soren's eyes widen at the sight and he immediately look back towards Fenton.

"Is this...?

"Yes. A replica."

"How many use?"

"Once. Two minutes. Consider this your down payment. I'll give you the real deal when you finish the job." Fenton said with a cheeky grin. Soren trailed his hand along the briefcase's smooth exterior before grabbing it and lifted off the table.

"Fine. Consider it done." He said with conviction before he slung the briefcase over his shoulder and walked out of the room.

"Do I get one too?" Erelin whispered as Soren walked out.

"Don't worry. I'll give something more.... Elegant for a fair maiden such as yourself." Fenton said with a confident smile. Causing Erelin to stutter and chuckled awkwardly. Her face would be red if it wasn't for her avatar.

"Well, I better go too then. Make sure he doesn't zero out." With that said she walked out of the room. Walking with a spring on her step.