Companion

"My friends, you bow to no one." Aragorn said as he bowed to the hobbits in front of him. Followed by the other citizens of the kingdom. Jason heard a sniffle beside him and greeted by the sight of a weeping redhead. Her freckled cheeks are stained with tears and she struggled to wipe her eyes with her glasses on.
"This scene.... No matter how many times I saw this...." She said between sniffles and sob as Jason rolled his eyes in amused manner. The truth is they've seen this movie so many times that he lost count. The girl is Bethany. Bethany Scott. His friend and neighbor. She lived right above him and ocassionaly crash at his place. Well, invade is probably the better term.

She came to his apartment with a bag full of snacks and a stack of "Lord of the rings" trilogy DVD. How she get ahold of DVD in this day and age is beyond him. She also left a DVD player in his apartment in case she wanted to do any movie marathon. Again, why does she do that in the first place is beyond him. Needles to say he's forced to sit on his ass for half a day as they watched the whole trilogy. She insists that this is the only way to enjoy the movie. Jason begrudgingly agreed since he had nothing to do and the fact that he's still crying over the lost of his bike in OASIS.

"You said that every single time we saw this movie." Jason finally spoke without looking away from the screen. That caused the girl to instantly look at him with wide eyes.

"What?! How come you didn't shed a single tear?! Have you no heart?!" She said with over the top shocked expression. In other words, it's Bethany being Bethany.

"We watched this so many time." Jason deadpanned while tilting his head so he faced her.

"Not even when Gandalf sacrificed himself?!"

"He came back to live."

"When Boromir died!"

"It's Sean Bean. Of course he's going to die."

"BATTLE OF MINAS TIRITH!"

"That's actually pretty close. But no."

Bethany gasped in utter disbelief. As if she's talking to a heretic. She's about to enter a full on rant mode when suddenly Jason's smartphone is ringing in his pocket. He's probably one of the last person who still used this kind of outdated technology. Everyone is using that fancy earpiece or glasses that connected directly to the OASIS. He received a message from an old client. Leader of the black flag guild. One of the biggest guild on OASIS, saying that they should meet on his guild HQ.

"I should go." Jason said just after he pocketed his phone and walked to his immersion rig.

"OOH! are you going to OASIS?! can I come?!" Bethany's eyes lit up as she leaned over the sofa. Jason look back with an annoyed look while picking up his visor.

"No, this is work related."

"Awww, why not?! I promise I won't be a bother!" Bethany whined like a kid.

"Don't you have any work to do?"

"I finished it already and now I'm so bored. Come on!" She whined while giving him her signature puppy eyes. Jason can only groan and let out a tired sigh.

"Fine. Just make it quick." Jason said as he get onto the rig and put on his visor.

"YES! I'm gonna go to your place. Don't leave without me!" Was the last thing Jason heard before she bolt out of the room. Not even having any decency to close the door. Jason sighed and get off of his rig, closed the door and lock it before walking back to the rig. He slid his visor down his eyes before bright flashes of light appeared before his eyes. A login page prompted him to log onto his account before he arrived at the last place he logged out. His home base. His sanctuary.

His bike or at least what's left of it stood at the far end corner of the hangar. Waiting for it's owner to fix it. The half completed mechanical behemoth also present. Standing proudly on the platform with it's cockpit wide open. After a few minutes of waiting a sign of notification appeared on his HUD. A player has entered the area. He turned his face to the entrance of the hangar and greeted with an avatar with dark blue skin and long elven ears. Her eyes are bright blue with unnaturally long pair of eyebrows that almost reached the base of her ears. Her snowy white hair is styled in a stylish pixie cut.

"ERELIN, at your service!" A familiar peppy voice greeted Jason as she fixed up her short leather jacket. A sleeveless body armor fitted under the jacket, with dark cargo pants and a pair of armored boots on her legs. Her cyberpunk look slightly contrasting with her night elf Avatar.

"So, where are we going?"

"Arcadia. I'm meeting up with Fenton." Soren said as he opened up his character page. He pull out a miniature spaceship from his inventory and walked outside of the hangar.

"FENTON?! as in the leader of black flag guild?!" Bethany said with an excited tone. She quickly catch up to him and followed him out of the hangar.

"Yeah, that's the one." Soren said before throwing the ship onto the ground. He backed away slightly as the ship expanded into an exact replica of the Razor Crest from "The Mandalorian" TV show.

"How did you afford this?" Erelin gasped and her attention quickly shifted to his spaceship. She walked around the ship as she appraised it's every corner.

"Payment from the last job I do for him." Jason shrugged as he walked inside the space ship. Erelin quickly followed after him. They soon reached the cockpit and Soren took his place in the pilot seat. His companion plopped down on the co-pilot seat beside him.

"I feel like I'm Baby Yoda!" Erelin giggled as she look around the interior of the ship. The engine soon turn to live and the ship slowly begin it's ascend. Soren entered the coordinate for Arcadia and the ship's thruster roared loudly as the ship fly away into space.

A/N

New chapter! I don't even know if people are still waiting for this. So sorry for the long update and as usual. Comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

Peace out.