Sanctuary

Jason's vision went white for awhile before he finally get to his workshop. His sanctuary. One of the few place left that he can call home. At least in Oasis. Teleportation itself is one of the most common method to go around in Oasis. Even though it didn't cover large distance, but it's ultimately way cheaper than having to do maintenance on a vehicle.

The sensor scanned him before the door slide open. Allowing him to finally enter. The place is modeled after an abandoned hangar from post apocalyptic games and movies with rusted walls and ceiling. All in all it looks like something out of "Mad Max" or "borderlands" franchise. He walked over to one of the platform and check on his current project. A bipedal machine that stood about 10 meters tall with an opening inside the torso for a cockpit. A beam gatling gun is replacing the mech's right arm while a bazooka is connected to it's left arm. The mech itself is quiet bulky and seemingly put together with a lot of junk parts. It doesn't look pretty but as long as it did it's job Jason couldn't care less.

He opened up his inventory and added some new components to the behemoth. His trip to planet soon might not yield him the artifact but he managed to snag a decent amount of cash and loot to keep the project going. He picked an item and installed it to the mech's torso. A round camera system is now added to the top of the mech's torso. Acting as a camera and targeting system. He closed the cockpit and activate the auto pilot system. The mech's camera, now acting as it's head comes to live and scanned him. Registering him as a primary pilot.
"System engaged. Pilot registered." An autonomous voice called out from the mech's audio system. Jason let a satisfied smirk spread on his face before deactivating the mech as it slumped back down on the platform.

He currently doesn't wear his helmet and run his hand through his avatar's black hair. His avatar look almost exactly like him. Something that most people rarely do. Most people went into Oasis to become someone else. They made themselves look cooler or more beautiful. But he doesn't want to lose track of reality and opted to not customize his avatar too much. He did added some additional customization to his avatar but it's mostly out of necessity and practicality.

He replaced his eyes with cybernetic enhancement that allows him to zoom his vision, see in x-ray and tracking heat signature. He considered the glowing eyes as a side effect but people often say it give him a "Terminator" vibe due to his overall sense of fashion. The helmet he usually wear is one that he considered a cosmetic addition to his gear. It also help hide his identity more. So all things has purpose he guess.

He now left the Mecha and walked to his now finished project. A working replica of Hardy Daytona from final fantasy VII. A massively underrated vehicle since people seems to prefer "fenrir". Cloud strife's more popular motorcycle. At least in his opinion.

Leaving the thought aside, he took a little time to admire his job. He did spend quite a fortune to build the beauty. He opened up a panel next to it and run a last minute check up. Feeling satisfied with the result, he shrink the bike with magic. Another common things in the oasis. Magic and science did go hand in hand in Oasis. The now miniature bike fly into his hand before he pocketed it. Adding it into his inventory before he walked out of his workshop and set up his next destination. He activate teleportation and his body enveloped in lights before he finally arrived at his destination. The first challenge of halliday's Easter egg hunt. One that he take the liberty to call. The death race.

AN:
Phew, I updated it. After all this time. Sorry if it was a little bit short. And as usual. Please, tell me what you think about the story. Constructive criticism is also welcome. And most importantly, thank you for reading this chapter.