Chapter X: Blood Ties

Her eyes fluttered open, to the sight of a white roof, which was dull from the lack of sunlight. The walls were a dark grey, and the silk covers that she felt through her hands indicated that she was not in a hospital room.

A small headache formed in her temples but was dimmed down in comparison to what she was feeling earlier. Her mind was foggy like the morning dew of a cold autumn day. It wasn't until the scent of her mate started permeating through her nostrils that the fog started to clear slowly. She sat up quickly but regretted it. The room spun and she lurched forward, trying to regain her balance.

"You're awake?" A deep throaty voice filled the air. She looked over to see Xavier standing against the wall in which the window was covered with dark grey walls. His clothes blending in with the shadows which gave her no indication that he was in here. He looked outside, which she could see that there was a pink and purple hue, coming from the crack of the moved curtain.

She still couldn't reoccur the recent events that caused her to end up here.

"I believe you still have a couple of questions to ask. I'll give you an additional question if you answer mine first."

She recalled that she went to the bathroom before she asked more questions.

"Alright." She replied back.

"You can ask your two questions first or last."

"I'll ask one question first," She paused waiting for him to nod his head, "how old are you?"

"24." He answered straight away, following with the same question.

"How old are you Isla?" He taunted her name as he approached the bed, like he was stalking his prey.

"20 in a few months."

"What are you doing on my pack land?"

"I'm your mate."

"Maybe, or are you just here to spy on me, attack my pack members?"

"N-no. Why would you ask that?", She got up slowly, as he began to get closer to her. She was beginning to feel the warmth that radiated off him that was mixed with power that felt like it was suffocating her in his room.

"Why was your fathers name on the corner of that paper? Are you apart of this pack that's killing other alphas members? It's odd that you've suddenly shown up, that you know everything about the coding. Are you here to try and kill me, even when you claim I'm your mate?"

And then it hit her. The guy that she bumped into when she finished using the bathroom. The paper cut on her ring finger and her blood spread its over the corner of the letter. Her blood moving along the corner until it spelt her fathers name.

"My father should be dead, because I felt the pain of our blood ties disconnecting. I felt the pain of losing everyone in my pack. For all I know someone could be claiming to be him, so don't you dare accuse me of such things. I've been alone for more than half of my life". She pushed out her alpha power to clash along with his like maddening waves hands smashing against each other, trying to damage everything around it. Suffocating and drowning.

"I've been through so much, that a child shouldn't be. I felt the pain so greatly that I ended up prematurely shifting into my wolf, that splurged on the thrill of fresh blood." Their chests met and Xavier moved back slightly.

"You should know the pain of losing your loved ones, mate." By now she could feel her tears starting to fall.

"Do not mention my parents like you knew them." He shoved her against the wall, his hands wrapping around her throat, but not suffocatingly. His hands merely holding her in her place, but not to damage. Something inside of him deep down was starting to feel this bond. His eyes flashing obsidian black and his normal eye colour.