Chapter XIX: The Hunt

A/N: not edited. This chapter is dedicated to KristaBunch thank you for adding this book and the private chapters to your reading list.

She stared out the window, multiple days passed by as her back healed from her mates primal instinct for his mate to be his and only his.

Brooke would sit with her in a comfortable silence. No one would ask questions. They didn't want to trigger the she wolf.

Xavier watched on the sidelines. He felt a weird pain in his chest as he watched her become mute the past days and struggle to eat. He reflected on the time that he stuck her in the hole not trusting her. She was in the same state as before. Her insanity in the darkness made him question what abuse this male had caused to his female. His female?

He was hating these feelings he would get whenever he would look at her, or whenever her sweet nectar scent would call to him. She  was nothing like her. He could see that now, there wasn't any resemblances in looks or personality. No, they were the complete opposite. He always thought he'd be with someone like her, not Isla. But he realised, the outcome made him happy. He smiled which shocked Brooke and her mate. Along with their cousin Damien who just patted Xavier and pushed him into the room.

Isla looked at the ruckus that interrupted her peaceful silence and saw her mate with a genuine look on his face. She gasped at the sight, curious to what caused it. She felt her heart warm and flutter at the sight. It was the brightest sight she had seen in awhile. Their eyes met and for once she felt comfort when she needed it, as much as his eyes sent increasing warm sparks throughout her stomach, she still refused to speak: the only noise being the small gasp that breathed through her slightly parted lips.

Xavier remembered the kiss they had after she was badly injured. How for once he felt the most caring feeling he'd ever experienced but wanted to shove any foreign feelings down, he didn't realise he was smiling until he saw his reflection in the dirtied window. The autumn weather was at its peak before winter. The forestry that surrounded them had grown with warm colourful hues as the leaves reached the ending of their cycle.

He could see a few loose leaves pass by the window that Isla sat it. The leaves drifting in a dance with the wind. He was mesmerised. The smile turned into a small one. "I hope you are feeling better. I wanted to apologise for my uh- my wolfs behaviour. He uh..." Xavier drifted off, ensure that she would even want to hear an apology.

"I want to go for a run." She said. Breaking the days silence.

"Oh, yeah sure, I'll just let Damien know that I'll be back in a couple of hours." Xavier replied.

"Not with you." She said sighing. Xavier felt his wolf drop in his mind, his chest ached further and it was irritating him.

"I promised my pack we would go for a hunt, just like old times."

"Oh okay then. That's fine." He let out a chuckle, "but are you sure it's safe?"

"I'm not going to let my past dictate my present nor my future for that matter. I'm not going to be some trapped she wolf that needs protecting. I am a strong female alpha from a strong lineage as well as a mixed breed. I lead a strong pack and I think I'm figuring out who I am quite well. I finally feel like I belong somewhere and if that's along side other hybrids that are the same as me, then that's where I'd like to be." Her voice was soft and sturdy at the same time. It's exactly what a Luna should have.

"If you'll excuse me, I am going to meet with my pack members that are on the other side away from everyone." She turned around to look at Xavier. "If you want a chance Xavier, then just know this." He waited to hear what would come out of her soft pink lips next. "Why haven't you or anyone else in your pack given us so called "interbreeds" a chance."