Chapter XXVI: Shadows

A/N: Not edited. Warning Some of this chapter contains violence.

This chapter is dedicated to Mydreamz2001 , thank you for adding this book to your reading list!

Her head pounded. The wall felt like it was caving in. What the hell happened? Her mind was all blurred along with her vision. She felt as though she had a concussion. Her body burned. What is that smell, it reminded her of something, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She tried standing up but something had yanked her down to the ground the tug sharpening around her wrists, making her let out a scream from the sudden pain. She could feel something retracting out of the flesh of her wrists. Something damaged the bones. She groaned. Sweat was beginning to drip down her forehead, was it because her heat was arriving soon or was it the pain.

"Oh god." She groaned out. She was tempted to scream for help, but she didn't want to draw attention to herself. Whoever kidnapped her, she had an ominous feeling that she was going to dread what ever happened next. She tapped into her wolf, her eyes weak but enabled her to see what was around. Although they were covered in shadows one thing stood out.

The number 25 and the number of scratches that counted the many days all along the wall.

"No. No. No. Please NO." She screamed out. She kept frantically yelling, closing and opening her eyes. Hoping that this was all a bad dream. Her chest was caving in as images of her blood spilled and the constant bites and his white soulless eyes.

The rogues words echoed along the small area of the cell, all in her mind, she heard the echoes of him everywhere, even though he was dead, he was now a ghost that could only say one thing to her: "he's coming to get you number 25".

She let out a few sobs, and then she felt nothing. She stared blankly at the door as she waited for his arrival.
———————————————

"Have we received any reports from the Captiosus Lunar pack?" Xavier's voice stressed and his tone on edge, Damien knew the alpha had to be careful with what he said to an agitated alpha.

"Yes, we are making progress, however, it would be beneficial, if Dr Jack Wilson would be able to help with this analysis." He stated.

"No can do, my sister is pregnant and he is staying with her. Why did you need him specifically?" Xavier replied.

"Well we need someone with warlock abilities. It would seem that there is in fact a trace of magical residue on the inside of the layered epidermis tissues. It's not exactly much flesh that we are working with so we don't want to test around with it too much, other wise the cells will be damaged and we will be unable to determine the breed of this species."

"Well my mate has her own pack-"

"Her own pack, I've never heard of an alpha female before?"

"It was her fathers pack, we believed they were killed off, however we have discovered they weren't. But that is a story for another time friend."

"Alright then, continue with what you were saying?"

"Some of her pack members are hybrids as well. Both genders so we have witches and warlocks that will most definitely want to help in order to find their alpha female."

"That is wonderful, I hope they will be able to arrive safely and let me know the names of those who will be attending my pack. You can bring in some of your warriors if you'd like the protection of these wolves."