Good Night

Nights are calm on the cottage.

Sumi, Kiyo and Naho are upstairs sleeping. The same applies to Shin-kun. Since they spend a lot of their time playing it was obvious that their energy is drained when the sun comes down.

The rest of the people at the cottage spent the night trying to kill the leisure. Being hidden and far from the city can be good for the mental health, however there is nothing to do at all.

Sabito sighed as he closed the book. TV was currently snatched by Kanao and Aoi, by the eldest Kocho advice, none shall disturb them when this happens. The peach haired man did not wanted to test if the warning was on point or not.

"Here, have some hot chocolate." Shinobu offered a cup to him. It was steaming and the scent was seductive.

"Thanks."

As he took a sip of the beverage, the young Kocho slipped his way toward the sofa and with bubbly happiness, she let herself rest beside Giyu. Like a sticky candy, Shinobu got too close to his friend. For a second Sabito wondered how much time it will take for him to push her over, yet it didn't happened at all.

Instead, his friend —and Captain— only sighed and patted her head. This could be seen as a normal interaction to the eyes of any other than him; just a lovely dovey couple. Except for Sabito, he who knew everything. He who had to collect the sjattered pieces of his friend and try to put them together again.

"Did I missed something?" He asked.

Giyu looked at him and tilted his head.

"What do you mean?" The ravenette replied.

"About that." Sabito pointed to the girl who cuddled against Tomioka, like a little kitten who tried to get some affection from her master.

On the other hand, Giyu didn't replied at all  he only looked at him with that blank state of his. Maybe it was his first time trying to find a excuse for the situation.

Sabito sighed.

"Just forget about it, however you should think of something to say to Kanae." Taking another sip of the chocolate and this time the strong and pleasant flavor got engraved on his tounge, such a bliss "She won't be happy at all. Not after she saw what kind of men we have become."

"She accepted you." Giyu scorned.

"It's not the same shit..."

Or was it? He averted the gaze from his friend and go back to his book. That will make a good excuse when the eldest of the Kocho comes down after her shower.

The hell will be unleashed and he will just feign ignorance about those two. That is the best strategy if he wants to see another day. That or another kind of escape plan.

'You're clever, Sabito.' He praised himself.

"The change of guards will be soon." Sabito reminded "I will take the front door and Nezuko the nest. Better to get ready."

Sabito hurried the rest of his drink. Nevertheless it was too late. Kanae Kocho entered the room and her field of view was filled with the scene of her sister and the despicable Tokioka Giyu acting all cuddly.

"Ara~ did I missed something?" She asked with a dark aura surrounding her.

Her eyes went to Sabito who tried to feign ignorance. Only that Kanae is not that of an idiot to buy it. Now he is included on whatever may come next.

'SON OF—'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanemi Shinazugawa cursed again as the butterfly estate came to view. The Kocho manor is well-known building at Tokyo. When he heard the reports about a mansion broke in, he had his stomach doing backflips inside.