11

olivia was swerving out of people's way on the ride back to her house after maddy's party. when she was almost half way home, however, her phone started ringing. it came in through the car's speaker form her phone being plugged in, making it easier to talk while driving.

"rue?" liv asked, answering and reading the contact name. on the other line, she heard heavy breathing.

"rue? what the fuck?" olivia pushed, starting to get nervous. she pulled her car off onto the side of the road, being invested in the conversation and wanting to make sure rue was alright.

olivia was a little high, but this interaction was quickly sobering her up.

"you're-you're at lexi's, right? for maddy's birthday?" rue asked. olivia sighed, happy to hear her voice. even if rue did sound panicked, she was talking somewhat clearly.

"everyone slept over, but i left. i didn't want them to notice i was high." she explained. rue nodded on the other line.

"well, can you turn around and meet me there?" she asked.

"i already started driving home and i-"

"god, olivia. will you please just turn the fucking car around and meet me at the fucking house? please?" rue asked some more, having a short fuse. olivia rolled her eyes and pulled her car off of the side of the road, already starting to turn around.

"okay. fine." she said.

"and don't tell anyone i called you." rue added on. olivia let out a loud sigh.

"you're lucky i love you, bennett." she shook her head. rue slowed down from running on the other line and nodded.

"yeah. yeah, i love you, too. see you soon." she said, not waiting for a reply and hanging up the phone.

it took a little while to get back, but liv got to cassie and lexi's house at the perfect time. half of the lights were off and half of them were on. olivia quietly crept where suze, maddy, kat, and cassie were sitting. she didn't see bb.

"liv? why're you back?" maddy asked, noticing the girl. everyone turned to look, and olivia struggled to come up with an excuse to be back so quickly.

"um, yeah. i, uh, didn't want to miss the party." she said, putting her hands up.

just then, they heard rue come into the house where olivia had just came back in. everyone walked out, eager to see what rue was doing there after hearing her voice.

especially liv.

"hey, rue!" maddy said, walking out first and pulling rue in for a hug. rue looked over maddy's shoulder and stared at olivia, liv giving rue a "what the fuck?" look after seeing how disheveled she was.

suze walked down the steps with a smile on her face as the rest of the girls greeted her.

"oh, my god. hey, rue. oh jeez. are you feeling okay?" suze asked. rue nodded.

"yeah." she said.

"you look terrible. i mean, really terrible." suze went on.