22

ashtray's said he loved olivia before, and she's said she loved him. but never, in his entire life, has ashtray admitted to olivia being like his mom.

call it listening to your gut, call it just getting a bad feeling, it didn't matter. olivia knew something was seriously wrong when she got that text, and she was going to figure out what.

"olivia! olivia!" liv heard just as she put her keys in the engine, about to drive away. when she looked out the already rolled down window, she saw lexi standing there running towards the car.

"not now, lexi." liv said, trying to back out. lexi put her hands on the door to stop her.

"wait, please. i don't want you to be mad at me. i didn't mean any harm to anyone..." lex said with tears in her eyes from her confrontation with cassie. liv furrowed her eyebrows.

"don't worry, i'll beat your ass later. i've seriously got to go."

"i'm worried about fezco!" lexi yelled.

olivia stopped trying to back out and rolled her window down some more, giving lexi a questioning look.

"what?" she asked.

"listen...i'm not supposed to tell you, but he got really dressed up for you tonight. he bought you flowers and wrote a letter apologizing for everything and to ask for you back. he's been talking to me about it and asking for advice, and he's been planning it for a while. when he didn't show up for you, i started getting the feeling something was wrong."

olivia looked at lexi with a blank expression, processing what she had just said. the suit liv had ironed. the stack of paper and pens faye had brought home for fez the other day. it all made sense to what lexi was saying.

and it was all for liv.

"what?" she asked again.

lexi didn't say anything, only nodded.

liv stared at the ground and thought for a while. if what lexi was saying was true, between fezco not showing up and the text from ash, something was really, really wrong.

"thank you, lexi, but i've seriously got to go." she said after a moment.

lexi nodded and stepped away from the car. liv backed out and sped away.

the car ride from east highland high and fezco's house felt like the longest ride of olivia's life. she teared up, thinking about every possible scenario and reasoning, some type of explanation for the weird situation that was happening.

maybe she had hoped this was all just a big misunderstanding, or some type of bad dream, i don't really know. i just know that car ride had to have been hell.

liv, because of how fast she was speeding, accidentally drove past the house. it felt like time was moving in slow motion as she stared at the cop cars and swat vans that were parked outside, flashing lights illuminating off of her face.

olivia let out a silent, quick sob as she pulled over on the street ahead and slammed her car door shut, getting out and running in slow motion for the house in her heels.