Eleven: Mother Knows Best

Li

"It was a dark and stormy night," Devin started.

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me," I murmured while facepalming. Randy chuckled, and Knox seemed to be questioning his entire existence.

"But it's three days before Halloween. This seems mandatory," Dev replied, sad puppy eyes and all.

"It really isn't," Knox answered. "Don't put us through this, McCoy."

"Awwww." Dev actually appeared to be kinda sad. "I prepared a whole story."

I sighed. "Go for it." We were sitting in Devin's room, me trying to explain to them how calculus works. We quickly got sidetracked, as you can most likely tell. When I barged into Dev's room to yell at him for eating my popcorn and saw Randy and Knox casually beating the shit out of each other (don't ask, I have no clue why), they kinda forced me to stay.

While Devin began telling his story again, my phone pinged.

Randy: what are the chances the best scary story would be telling Devin his best friend went on a date with his sibling?

Me: I have no idea. should we wait to see how round 2 goes?

Randy: idk. when is that happening by the way?

Me: no clue. I choose everything this time

Randy: damn, ok. so I don't get any say in the matter?

Me: ...a little...I guess...BUT I LIKE BEING IN CONTROL

Randy: ok dominant

Me: WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!?!?!?

Randy: LMAOOOOO

"Okay, hear me out, but why the hell does it seem like Randy and Liam are texting?" Knox asked.

"Hm. Yes. I noticed that too," Dev responded, giving us a look.

Randy and I started laughing hysterically, and Devin and Knox stared. After giving Randy a nod, he said, "Gentlemen. It is my honor to announce that I went on a date with Li and that happened when during HOCO I asked him out and got his phone number."

"Wait...what?" Knox asked, making me and Randy laugh even harder.

Meanwhile, Devin's jaw dropped, and tackled Randy. "Dude, we could be brothers in law someday! Oh my God, this is so fucking cool!" Randy hugged him back.

"Ran, you went out with Liam?" Knox leaned forward. "That's really awesome." He joined in on the bro hug that Devin initiated, and I smiled. I like it when guys can express physical affection without needing to remind everyone of their masculinity afterwards.

"Liam, you need to hang out with us more," Dev got up from the hug and exchanged that for tackling me.

"Eh. We'll see how date number two goes," I said, winking at Randy. Him and Knox were laying down next to one another, Randy groaning, probably because Devin weighs 170 pounds.

"Ugh. Fine."

Pretty much the whole rest of the night, Dev was particularly happy. I was glad he was okay with it.

~~~~~

At 8:00pm the next day, I got a text from a number I didn't recognize.

Unknown Number: hey Liam

Me: who is this?

Unknown Number: Knox

Me: oh
Me: hi