Twenty-six: Free

Knox

Li kissed the top of my head, earning more gasps. I didn't care. Randy rubbed my back. More gasps. Didn't care.

Through a small sliver in between Randy and Li's arms, I saw a smug looking Adelaide and proud looking Devin. I smiled at the two of them.

"Good job, Knoxie," Li whispered.

"Let's go, I don't wanna give these people any more they can comment on," Randy told us. He pulled away and led us upstairs.

When every pair of eyes in the room followed us, he announced loudly, "We'll be right back. Gotta talk for a minute."

Eventually, we made it to his room. "Was that planned for tonight?" Li asked incredulously.

"Nope. Spur of the moment sort of thing," I answered.

"Baby, I am so, so, so proud of you. Especially after what just happened." Randy picked me up and spun me around, holding me tightly to his chest.

I hugged him back. "Thank you."

~~~~~

Later that night when I was getting into the car with Mom, she said, "Didn't your father and I tell you that you couldn't come out yet?"

"Have I not told you that you've abused me and I have video proof of you and Dad hitting me that could ruin your reputation and I am not afraid to leak those?" I retorted.

She stared at me in disbelief. "We-we'll continue this when we get home."

We didn't continue it when we got home.

~~~~~

Randy

"What happened tonight? You weren't supposed to show any affection towards Knox or Liam. How could you let that happen? Not mentioning going upstairs with them? We told you that you couldn't make your relationship public yet, and you completely went against that. What is wrong with you?" My mother shouted at me once all of the workers had left.

"You are in big trouble, young man," Dad threatened.

"Hm. Yeah, see, I understand the going upstairs part, but my relationship is my decision and mine only. Sure, going upstairs probably wasn't the smartest idea, but it was the only place we could go where no one would hear us talking," I replied.

"Randall Francis, you do not talk back to us. Ever. This is inexcusable behavior. Now here is what will happen; you will break up with Knox and Liam. You will stop being friends with both of them, including Devin. We will find you a suitable woman for you to marry, and you will marry her after you graduate high school. You will take over the family company at 25 years old. Is that clear?" Dad yelled.

"What? So just because my boyfriend wants to come out means that I can't be his boyfriend? Everything is wrong with that."

"Randall, we would be kicking you out of the house right now if it weren't for what kind of reaction it would get, so if I were you, I would be very careful with your next words."

I pulled my phone out of my pocket. "I've been recording this entire conversation and I have a large following on many social media platforms. If I leaked this recording, you two would be nothing anymore. And don't play with me, I can get this out into the open in under a minute."

All of a sudden, my parents were tremendously quiet.

Me and Knox both knew that our parents wouldn't have good reactions to the way the party went, so we agreed that we would do everything we could to get them to shut up and realize that we have more power than they think we do.