Thirteen: Identical Twins

Randy

I wound up near the 'bar' which was really just water and soda being sold by teenagers. Soon enough, Li, Dev, and Knox were all next to me.

"He won't see us, I promise. Pretty much the way it works for this sort of thing is we don't out him, he doesn't out us. The unspoken rule. So, even if Nelson does see us, chances are excellent nothing will happen. We're okay," Li said, resting their hand on my shoulder.

"You sure?" Knox asked.

"Mhm. I've seen someone else from our school here. That person's identity is safe with me. They know I'm gay, I know they are too. That's it." Li then wrapped his arms around me and Knox. I assumed that was some sort of comforting method. It was working.

After a few seconds, Li unwrapped their arms and we just kinda sat there again. Well, that was until a guy came over to us, or more specifically Devin. "Hey, you wanna dance?"

Dev widened his eyes. "Oh. Uh. Sure."

As the dude led Dev to the dance floor, while me and Knox were sporting very confused expressions. Li had a completely straight face, which is ironic because he's the gayest person I've ever met.

"How are you not at all alarmed by this? One, Devin has a girlfriend. Two, he's straight," Knox told Li, lightly elbowing them.

Li nodded. "Yeah. Dancing isn't cheating, and dancing with someone can be romantic, but not in this case. Dev will probably tell whatever the dude's name is that he's straight."

"I guess."

We watched Dev and Mystery Man dance. Devin is not a good dancer at all, and from the looks of it, Mr. Enigma found that adorable. I almost threw up when imagining finding Dev adorable. When Incognito Joe glanced over to us with Dev pointing in our direction, that's when things got a little weird.

Perplexity Chappie and Devin began making their way towards us. Camouflaged Comrade said to Li, "You're his twin?"

"Uh, yeah?" Li responded.

"Ha, I should've been able to tell. You guys look so alike. I'm George, by the way."

"Oh. Well, nice to meet you, George."

"Um, are you by any chance...?" George, don't you fucking dare steal my boyfriend.

"Gay?" Li completed.

"Yeah."

"I am, but I'm also taken." Wait, what?

I sat there completely stunned, as I was unaware that Li considered going on a single date with me taken.

George grimaced. "Oh, sorry. My bad. Have a good night, I guess." And then he was gone.

Knox laughed. "Hm. That takes care of that, I suppose."

"Yeah," I said, slowly moving my hand until it touched Li, and pretended to be surprised. "Oh, sorry."

They smiled and took my hand. "Don't think you're slick, Rockefeller."

Internal combustion in 3, 2, 1-

Li fucking kissed my cheek. Internal combustion in progress.

"We should move again. Nelson is probably somewhat close by now," Knox blurted, walking away from us. The rest of us followed him, although it was strange how random Knox's statement was.

We ended up in another corner where it was significantly louder. But, mission failed.

Nelson saw us. It was pretty obvious, because his head tilted and we shared a moment of, "Yes. We're gay, you're gay, we're all gay, go away." Only, Dev isn't gay.