Chapter 23- Dream Catcher [E]

Annie's iPhone chirp notifying a message. She was in her office and turned in her chair to grab her phone to her left. An unknown number flashed on the screen with a message. Annie frowned and read the message:

You are simply irresistible.
I can't wait for the next time we're together.

Yours,
Julien

It was Julien. Her heart skipped a beat at his words.

A smile curved her full mouth and a sigh slipped past her lips as she leaned back in her office chair. Annie stared at the message and re-read it. It was unexpected and yet expected at the same time.

Knowing he was going to contact her and he did made her heart swell. Annie dreamt of Julien all last night. Recalling different dreams, scattered and erratic ones that felt so real that she wished they came true....

She was sitting in her room waiting nervously all dressed up in a wedding dress as the door opened revealing her mother in the door way smiling at her. Behind her was a tall man in a tuxedo, tall, dark, with jet black hair. She couldn't see his face since his back was faced her. She sensed he was her groom and Annie knew without a doubt it was Julien. Although she never saw his face, she felt it was him. "It's time..." Her mother said holding out her hand for her to take. Anticipation and excitement raced through her as she stood slowly and walked to the door.

Annie's office phone rang loudly a few times before she came out of her trance. Shaking her head she pressed the speaker.

"Yes Joe."

"Miss T, your dad's secretary informed me your father is requesting you in the conference room in about an hour for a meeting." Annie stared at her office door. It was rather odd for her father to call a meeting in the middle of the day without prior warning.

"Did she say what it was for?" She replied.

"Nope. All I know is your siblings were called in for the meeting as well."

"Okay, thank you."

"Did you need anything? You feeling okay? I can get you a bite to eat, you haven't had anything in the last few hours."

Since she's been back in the office, Joe has been a constant mother hen. Always checking on her and making sure she was hydrated and ate regularly. She was sure her father was keeping tabs on her through Joe.

"I'm fine Joe, please stop worrying." Although she still felt rather full still she knew if she refused anything to eat he would keep bothering her. "I'll have a Caesar salad with grilled shrimp and salmon, if it'll make you and my father feel better." Sighing in defeat.

"Coming right up Miss T. You know we love you, we just need you to get better." He said sweetly not denying her last statement.

"Thanks Joe." Annie leaned back once again and looked at her cell phone. Her face flushed thinking back to her dreams of Julien.

Her other dream felt different, far and yet so real...

Annie was laying in bed dressed in a white flowing knee-high cotton summer dress. Her sweeping belly protruding before her. Placing the flat of her hands over herself she felt a kick and she giggled in response. A large tanned hand came up to stroke and kiss her belly.   Annie shifted and ran her fingers through his hair as he laid his head against her chest. "I love you both...." He said.

Again, she never saw the man's face but knowing deep down in her core it was Julien. If it was a revelation, a sign, an inner desire she knew not. But sometimes dreams were symbolic, expressions of a dreamer's deepest fears or desires. Or it may have been a glimpse of a shadow into the unforeseen future.