Chapter 35- The Wedding Part 3 [E]

Julien held her captive in his strong arms not allowing her to move an inch from his body.  It felt like déjà-vous, He knew he could not let her leave him. As though this wasn't the first time this has happened. Now that he had her in his arms he was desperate to keep her there in fear she would disappear.

His reaction surprised even him, but he felt it deep in his gut that it was a natural feeling—the right thing to do.

In acute panic she searched the crowd for any witnesses of Julien's kiss. The lights dimmed down so low she could hardly see the outline of bodies swaying and socializing loudly above the sound of the soft tempo music.  The only other sounds was the beating of her heart as it thumped loudly against her chest.  

Annie sagged against his hard body relieved after confirming nobody witnessed what happened.

She could not believe what he did nor his reaction. He was being aggressive and possessive—holding her like she belonged to him. His eyes blazed with a fierce need that Annie felt down to her core. His actions spoke louder than any words could explain.

Did he get his memory back?

This Julien wanted her like the Julien before the accident. The kiss was no mistake, his body was attracted to her, calling out to her. But his eyes were also confused, searching her face as if it held the answers he was looking for.

As much as she tried, Annie struggled to unwrap herself from his grasp but Julien kept a firm hold on her body. The hope blossomed inside of her again but she squashed it down when she remembered his 'date'. It hurt to know he was with someone else. But admitted he didn't know any better, it wasn't the old Julien hurting her but the new one before her.

The Julien she loved would never hurt her, his duchess, as he used to call her, recalling his endearment sadly. Shaking her head trying to get rid her negative thoughts, Annie couldn't run the risk of anybody spying their current predicament or seeing her in a compromising position.

"What have you done? This is highly inappropriate!"  Faking her shock and appalled manner, trying the decipher if he indeed has some memories of her. She would be able to catch a hint by his reaction to her words.

Instead, Julien let her go without answering, gripped her by the arm and pulled her forcefully close to him as he directed them out of one of the exits from the ballroom. He leads them down the corridor to a secluded area.  Annie tried twisting her arm away but he held her with a death grip.

Cornering her against the wall Julian stood close, his stance rigid, nostrils flaring, his intense stare burning into her. Annie never backed down from his challenging stare and defiantly glared back. They never spoke, however the only sounds vibrating in her ears was that of her heart hammering wildly. 

She took two steps backward, her back now flush against the wall. Julien watched her with narrowed eyes and advanced towards her.  A force greater than him needed to acknowledge the attraction he felt for her and the reason why his body reacted so strongly. 

"What are you doing?" She tried again, struggling to reign in her anger. Just when she started to put the past behind her, giving up on him, she was reminded yet again as the reality pushed itself back in her face.

"Who are you?" He asked questioningly. It was like he was asking himself that question instead of her. Julien backed away from her and racked his hand through his hair in a frustrating manner.

Annie blinked in surprise. Who am I...?

He was obviously confused, disoriented. His body sensed her but his brain didn't, yet his unexpected kiss proved it.