Five - "Don't lean on that shiny car!"

Chapter Five

Kristov's POV

Eleven in the evening, the plane touched down at Stavrakos Airport, in New York.

"Are we going to take the car, Sir? Or the chopper," Jack asked, even though he knew my answer already.

I looked at the dark sky, "we'll take the chopper."

A chopper was waiting for me, near the landing area. Jack and I went there straight ahead. The rest of the bodyguards took the SUV to the mansion.

The chopper landed on the helipad, at the rooftop of the mansion. I went directly to my room, and took a shower. It was a long day for me, my schedule was filled with endless meetings before I could leave Texas.

I was ready to go to bed when I noticed something. There was a vacant spot on my bookshelf. One book was missing. Whoever had the nerve to get it, must be very brave.

The following morning, I woke up early. I went for a drive at the lighthouse, located uphill, that is still inside our estate. Beside the lighthouse, was a small house that belonged to my late grandfather - at my father's side.

My Pops, was my best friend. He adored me so much, and taught me a lot of things, especially art painting.

I could not help, but remember Dad and Pop's constant argument.

"I told you to stop teaching art to my son, Papa. He will be a businessman, and that should be his focus."

"Pablo, your son loves art. It's his passion. You can't deprive him of that happiness."

"Happiness? What's the use of happiness when you're struggling to survive everyday. Art doesn't bring much money compared to running a business. I worked hard to escape us from poverty, and I want my sons to continue what I started."

"Living a simple life is alright. It is less complicated, no headaches."

"We have different opinions about life, Papa," dad bursted, "I refused to be ordinary."

Growing up, I looked up at my Pops. Although he lived an ordinary life, he was surrounded with happiness. More friends, more relatives, less stress, and less obligations. His artworks brought color in his life.

I wanted my life to be like Pops, but dad contradicted my decision. I rebelled. I often argued with him. I became delinquent just to annoy him. Seeing him so disappointed of me, gave me satisfaction.

A turning point in my life happened when I was eighteen. An incident that made me who I am now.

Pia's POV

"The Master is here," Calliope informed me, when we met downstairs in the lobby, "go check on Jean. She's preparing his breakfast."

"On it! Is there any special menu?"

"No. He eats whatever is prepared, he's not picky. As long as there's black coffee."

"Noted. I'll go now and check on Jean."

"Wait," she stopped me, "kindly check if Connor is already here. He said that he'll report early."

"Okay, I will," I gave her a thumbs up, then went outside.

From a distance, I saw a tall, dark-haired man wearing white shirt and faded denim pants at the mansion's main entrance. He was leaning on Mr. Stavrakos' black sport's car.

He looked like he was modeling for the car, or better yet, that he owned it. He was gorgeous looking, no wonder women at the pub found him very appealing.