Thirty Six - "Just say what's in your heart."

Chapter Thirty Six

Pia's POV

The rest of our lunch was a disaster. Mrs. Coyle stopped talking to me and Mom. Dad and Mr. Coyle argued about their failed investment, blaming each other. Mr. and Mrs. Coyle left without even paying their share of their lunch.

"You invited us, so you should pay," Mr. Coyle blurted at Dad, "I even missed an important zoom meeting just to join you."

"We did not enjoy the food! This restaurant is terrible, serving raw meat and too spicy food!" Mrs. Coyle complained.

"Of course! This is a Korean Samgyupsal restaurant!" Mom exclaimed, and muttered how ignorant Mrs. Coyle was about Korea, she should watch Korean Dramas.

On our way home, I had a long lecture from dad. The moment we entered the car, he would not stop ranting. I pretended to sleep, having a food coma, and that made him stop.

I love my dad so much, but sometimes, I just wanted to get away from him. He irritated me by always controlling my life. He was treating me like a child, who could not make a decision. Being near him was not good for my mental health.

It was three in the afternoon when we arrived home. I cleaned the house, watered Mom's plants, then took a nap. I woke up at five and prepared for my date with Kristov. I took a shower right away, blow-dried my hair - keeping the long length fell on my back in soft waves, and applied some makeup.

I wore a blush pink spaghetti strap mini dress that Kimberly and I bought recently. I paired it with my black stilettos, the only decent shoes that I had.

The doorbell rang at six sharp. I ran downstairs to open the door, but Mom got there first. She opened the door, and met Kristov.

I gasped the moment I saw him. He looked so beautiful, hot and ravishing like a Greek God, standing there at our doorstep, wearing a tan brown jacket over his white shirt, and dark jeans. He was holding a lovely box of red roses and two large paper bags.

His dark eyes lit up the moment he saw me, but he got distracted when Mom almost yelled excitedly.

"Oh, it's you!" Mom was smiling so brightly, "I have a feeling that it's you, Mr. Stavrakos."

"Good evening, Mrs. Rosi, nice to see you again. You look lovelier than the last time I saw you," he greeted pleasantly, making Mom blushed, "and please, just call me Kristov."

"Thank you, Kristov. You're always gorgeous, I'm sure you know that. Just call me, Divine," Mom shamelessly touched his arm, "come in, come in. Oh! here's Pia," she chuckled happily. Finally she noticed me behind her.

Before I could go near Kristov, a hand grabbed my wrist from behind, gripping so tightly. I turned and saw Dad's monstrous expression.

"Dad! You're hurting me."

He let go of my wrist and walked towards Kristov. He looked so small standing in front of Kristov's very tall frame.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Stavrakos? It's my daughter's day off. She has no reason to see you," Dad attacked scornfully.

Kristov seemed unmoved. His expression remained pleasant and respectful as he greeted Dad with a gentle smile.

"Good evening, Mr. Rosi. It's a pleasure to see you," he extended his hand for a handshake, but Dad ignored it, making him drop his hand.

For the first time, I saw the very confident and composed Kristov Stavrakos stammering, looking so nervous and sweating hard.

He glanced at me briefly, took a deep breath, then answered Dad.