Seven - "Darn it. Open the door, FREDA!"

Chapter Seven

Pia's POV

"This beige powder easily erases, I should have bought a concealer," I muttered as I did a retouch of my makeup. I was applying the dark unflattering red lipstick when I saw from the mirror, the red book lying on the study table.

"Oh no... the book!"

How could I forget the book? I should return it immediately before Mr. Stavrakos would notice it missing from his bookshelf.

Half panicked, half scared, I stood frozen in the middle of the room, my brain was processing, thinking on how to return it.

I grabbed the book and ran to the mansion right away. Inside, I saw the butler in the hall.

"Hector, have you seen Mr. Stavrakos?"

"The Master is in the gym, Miss Rosi. I'm afraid you have to wait for him to finish his workout," he checked his watch, "for about an hour. He doesn't want to be disturbed."

"Of course, I know that. I was just asking," I smiled at him, feeling relieved that the Master was in the gym. I could sneak easily inside his room and return the book, "thanks, Hector."

He bowed and smiled at me.

I arrived outside Mr. Stavrakos' room and saw Charry, one of the maids, vacuuming the floor. Her hand dug something from her pocket, and ate it.

Tess told me that Charry had a habit of sneaking food from the buffet, and she was right, I noticed her doing it during breakfast. She put food inside her pockets.

"Hi Pia. What are you doing here? You can't start cleaning Mr. Stavrakos' room until he leaves the mansion."

"No, I'm not going to clean his room yet. I'm going to return this," I showed her the book.

"Oh. That book looks boring," she read the title, her brows snapped together, "did you enjoy it?"

"Yeah, I did. I love reading."

"Good for you. I only enjoy eating. I have food here, do you want some?" she dug her pocket.

Out of curiosity, I asked, "What do you have in there?"

"I have fried chicken. Pick a part, drumstick, leg, breast or wings?"

"Oh. No thanks, Charry, I'm still full from breakfast."

"Okay," she shrugged her shoulders, "I'm done here also, I'm going now. I'll see you at the dining hall later."

"Sure, bye."

I entered Mr. Stavrakos' bedroom, and put the book right away on the bookshelf.

Confident that he would finish his workout in an hour, and trusting Hector's words, I scanned the titles leisurely, thinking of what to read next. I was hoping that the Master would leave again for days so I could read all the books before my time in the mansion would be due.

I was about to leave when I heard the rattling sound of the door knob. Strickin' with panic, I ran to his walk-in closet to hide.

Darn it, inside his walk-in closet were mostly made of glass. The only place that I could find that would cover me was the area under his hangered suits. I ran and hid there.

My goodness, why did he come back so soon?

I was in a very uncomfortable position, but I had to bear it in order not to be caught sneaking inside his room. I would be dead meat if that happens.

Thud!

Darn it! I cursed myself. I bumped my forehead on the wooden cabinet. Ouch, ouch! I said silently, rubbing my sore skin.

"FREDA, secure the room," I heard Mr. Stavrakos order.

"Securing doors," FREDA replied, then the lock clicked loudly.

I was shaking with nervousness, when his footsteps got closer. He was inside the walk-in closet moving towards me.

What bad luck. First, the incident this morning, and then now. He would surely fire me. I could imagine Aunt Jodie's disappointment already.

I'm so stupid. I went to a lot of trouble to keep the job for her, and now I'm going to ruin it.

He stopped, and I held my breath, keeping my fingers crossed.

I jolted at the loud sound of a phone ringing, then I heard him answer it. I listened as he talked to his father. I could hear his voice was distant, and I assumed that he was moving farther away from me.

I took a little peep, and saw him still talking on his phone, while removing his socks and shoes. He immediately ended the call, and put his phone on a counter.

My eyes grew big, when he removed his shirt. My face burned as I stared at the solid lines of muscles on his back. Well, I hate to admit it, he had a beautiful back. Smooth sun bronze skin, and lean athletic body.

I waited for him to leave the closet, but it did not happen right away.

Oh my goodness... I gasped when he removed his sweatpants. Oh no, I closed my eyes and shrunk on the floor. What the hell! I'm not a pervert to stare at a man's butt.

I heard him leave, and the sound of running water. I heaved a sigh of relief, the euphoric feeling of freedom overwhelmed me. I immediately ran outside the closet and headed to the bedroom door.

A smile touched my lips as I turned the door.

Locked.

I turned harder, rattled it, but locked.

"FREDA, open the door," I whispered, but she could not hear me, "FREDA, open the door," I tried again, a bit louder this time.

"Voice not recognized." FREDA said loudly.

"Darn it! Open the door, FREDA."

"Voice not recognized."

I looked at the digital panel number door code. My goodness, I was in a panic, I could not remember the passcode.

1, 6, 3, 7.

DENIED

1, 7, 2, 9.

DENIED

"Darn it," I cursed myself, biting my lower lip.

7, 6, 3, 9.

DENIED

I made too many attempts, but it was still denied.

"What is the passcode?"

"7, 9, 1, 3,"

I froze, when I heard Mr. Stavrakos' furious voice behind me.

Now, I'm dead meat.