Bonus chapter

Even though Nyx could now walk properly, Pippor had not given up on making sure that his baby brother didn't fall and hurt himself. Much to his delight, Nyx had succeeded in crossing a street for the first time. Both him and Rhysand beamed at the little boy who was wobbling up to them with bright eyes and flushed cheeks. He had insisted on buying a candy on his own because he was now a 'big boy', as his mother said it. Although, much to their dismay, she wasn't present today to see him accomplish this big task. All the ladies in the house had taken off towards Rita's last night and were still groaning in their beds when the two fathers and one very jolly General had to wake up.

Because Nyx was still very much attached to his father, Pip had sacrificed his love for his 'shadow man' and let him go to finish some work while being placed under the supervision of his mentor-slash-uncle. Rhysand was all too happy to spend a few hours alone with his son and his favourite boy on sugar rush.

Pip, holding true to his title of the sugar rush boy, raced towards Nyx and scooped him up. Involuntarily, Nyx flapped his wings with delight and giggled.

"You did so well!" Pippor kissed his cheek. "I'm so proud of you." He set Nyx down.

Rhysand, awfully delighted about the bright smiles on their faces, picked up both of them and kissed Nyx's forehead. "Pip is right. I'm proud of you."

Nyx was still smiling but Pip frowned disapprovingly, "Uncle Rhys, you should put me down."

"Why is that?" The High Lord raised his eyebrows.

"I can walk in the street. I'm a big boy." He huffed.

Rhysand blinked a few times and looked at Nyx, "But Nyx is the big boy."

Nyx nodded enthusiastically, ready to claim him title, "I'm the big boy." He stuck a finger under his chin and pouted.

"I'm a bigger boy." Pip protested. "I can walk on my own."

"You're seven, Pippor." Rhysand sighed. "I'm Five hundre-"

"And Nyx is three!" He exclaimed. "I am a bigger boy." Pointing at all three of them, he said, "Nyx is a big boy, I'm a bigger boy and you're the biggest boy."

"Wrong." A voice came from behind the small party. "I am the biggest boy." The spymaster appeared from the crowd, almost like he sprung out of thin air and grinned at Rhysand who rolled his eyes. "Rhysand is younger than me."

Pip frowned, "You're not a boy, shadow man."

"And I am?" Said the High Lord, greatly offended.

Chuckling at his brother, Azriel took Pip out of his arms and let him on his feet. "You can walk now. No running."

Pip nodded eagerly and immediately took off running.

Sighing, Azriel rubbed his temple, "I don't know what to do with him."

Rhysand, still in a sour mood, grumbled, "Well, that's a shame. What can I possibly do? I'm just a boy."

Azriel rolled his eyes, "You're what? Twenty-three by human standards? Twenty-five? That's how old some of Heart's students are."

"It's not my fault she has grown men as students. They are the ones at fault. Maybe they should use some brains and learn quickly." He scoffed at the scholars and stalked forward.

Nyx, who had been too busy watching a vendor spin fairy cotton on a stick, looked around with an alarmed expression once he realised he couldn't see Pip anymore. "Pip." He worriedly looked around. Obviously, there was nothing more ghastly than being lost in a crowd, everyone's mother had taught them that.

Nightfall {An Azriel (ACOTAR) FanFic}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara