Information

Since I am not following all the rules here are some info on this AU:

*Marks are removable thanks to modern science. It will still hurt, but it is no longer life-threatening. However, the process is expensive, and can only be done if both parties agree to the process.

*When an unwanted marking happens, and they wish to erase their marking and bond, the person who did the marking will pay for both the process and also give the person that they marked a hefty sum of money, as an apology.

*Omegas are encouraged to wear collars to avoid unwanted claiming, in case they go into heat in public.

*If a marking was incomplete, (meaning that only one was marked during mating) and the pair have not been in any form of contact since then, their bond and mark will eventually fade over time. They will still go through the same stuff that pairs with successful matings do, such as increased intensity of heats for the omega, and overprotectiveness for alphas and betas, but this will slowly fade as well.

* Several AUs have it that beta and omega pairings cannot have kids if they are the same gender, but in this story, any pairing goes

*Omegas go through heat every month until they are mated and marked. They will then only experience it every 4 months. However, the pain and intensity will increase, to the point that it will be unbearable should they choose not to mate with their partner.

*The pups find out their secondary gender(Alpha, Beta, Omega) when they go through puberty.

For those who are new to the whole Omegaverse concept, here is a very short summary of what you will need to know before proceeding (AN: Veterans, feel free to go on ahead to the story)

So basically we have the primary sex, the primary genders, and the secondary genders which are alpha, beta, and omega. Alphas serve as leaders and have a high rank in society, betas are the average person, and omegas are the lowest in the hierarchy.

Each has a scent gland, usually located on their necks, and in some stories their wrist and inner thighs.

Each person has a distinct scent, with alphas having musky scents, omegas with sweet scents, and betas with weaker scents. Their scents are also affected by their moods.

Alphas, whether female or male can impregnate. I will not go into their anatomy, because it is a bit complicated to explain, but just know that alphas have a knot at the end of their cocks that swells up after release, to help keep the seed in and increase the chances of getting their partner pregnant. They will also be physically linked to their mate until the knot deflates so they can't move. (Much like how dogs are stuck together for a while when they mate)

Omegas on the other hand can get pregnant, even if they are male.

Omegas will go into heat(frequency of heats depends on the author) where they will release pheromones to call for any potential partner (usually an alpha) to mate with them. They also produce slick which serves as a lubricant.

Alpha's also have something similar to a heat which is called a rut, where they find the insatiable urge to mate. This can happen in a cycle(depending on the author) like heats for omegas do, or be only triggered when there is an aroused omega nearby.

Omegas tend to nest when in a bad mood, in heat, or when pregnant. Nesting is when the omega surrounds themselves with soft material and items that carry their scent or their mate's scent, which gives them a sense of security and comfort.

A mating bond is basically like marriage, with no chance of divorce, since the separation will usually kill the pair. (Though in this story they do have a way out) A mating bond is made after a pair has mated and has bitten into one of the locations of a scent gland, usually the neck.

For couples who do not wish to bond yet, they can scent each other instead. This is done when the couple rubs their scents onto the scent glands of their partner, temporarily covering their partner in their scent. This will eventually wear off, but it will inform others that they are not available.