(Chapter 4) For What You Did To Me

Friday arrived slowly but surely. Unsurprisingly, things with Courtney didn't improve much or even at all. I was lying to myself about the possibility of our relationship bettering from just a talk from Gerard; There was too much pent-up hatred towards each other for that to change by a few words. Even if she were to become more civil, I wouldn't have been the most polite after all the hell she'd given me for just existing. 

But, I'd gotten through the week and it was time for Frank's back-to-school bash which thrilled me. In my mind, it would be great after an abysmal week to get drunk and live a little. I had high hopes since the party last year had been a smashing hit. My only reservation was that Bitch-Fit would be attached to Gerard like glue, meaning I wouldn't get any time with him without her putting her two cents in on our conversations and generally being spiteful to me. 

I rummaged through my dresser, mulling over the possible outfit options. Eventually, I decided on the same band tee I was wearing at school and a red plaid skirt with fishnets underneath. I turned my attention to touching up my makeup and styling my hair. Once I was done fiddling with my hair, getting it just right, I pulled on my boots and decided to head over. I grabbed my bag and began walking the distance to Frank's. 

As I approached, I could hear his music blaring and cars lined the sides of the street, some people just arriving and walking in the direction of his place. The garage was open where a game of beer pong commenced. I moved through the small crowd to make my way inside. I knew exactly where I was going to find him, where the alcohol was. And when I came to the kitchen, my hypothesis was correct. "Y/n! Glad you could make it," he welcomed with a Solo cup in hand.

"Hey, Frankie! Are the rest of the guys here yet?" I asked looking back into the sea of teens crowding the living room. 

"Oh yeah. C'mon, I'll show ya," he said swinging his arm around me nonchalantly, leading me out into the living room. I could tell he was already tipsy from his speech which wasn't surprising knowing him. The volume of the music was extreme and you could barely move an inch without running into someone. What could I do? Frank loved to throw the biggest most over-the-top parties and he outdid himself that year. 

Franks escorted me toward the opposite side of the living room where we found the rest of the boys, their girlfriends including of course the infamous Courtney stod by the stairs. They were casually chatting amongst themselves as we reached them. "Hey guys, look who showed up!" Frank announced as he motioned toward me. I greeted them, leaning on the wall on Gerard's right. Courtney stood poised on Gerard's left, hand placed deliberately on her hip with a judgmental eyebrow quirked. I couldn't tell if she found my arrival odious or perhaps my outfit distasteful, but her eyes were on me. I only side-eyed her, not wanting to give her any attention whatsoever. I kept my focus firm on Kristian, as she explained how she and Mikey got together since I believe Jamia, Frank's girlfriend, asked. 

"It's getting pretty crowded in here," Frank observed once Kristian's story finished. 

"You don't say," Gerard said sassily, cocking his head toward the short man. 

"I got an idea!" He announced with enthusiasm. 

"It better not be truth or dare like in the author's other two fics," Ray said with a slight attitude, rolling his eyes. 

"HEY EVERYONE! THERE'S GONNA BE A GAME OF SPIN THE BOTTLE IN THE BASEMENT!" Frank declared loudly so everybody could hear over the music. With that, some people followed us down. We all organized into a circle of maybe thirtyish people. Gerard and Courtney sashayed down, Gerard providing the bottle and placing it in the center. 

A guy who I didn't know started it off and the game began, going around the circle counterclockwise. Nothing too interesting had happened, a few landed on people they didn't want to kiss, but that was basically the end of the excitement. That was until it was Gerard's turn to spin. 

Gerard approached the bottle, everyone seemed to be even more interested in who he landed on; Probably since he was the school's hottie. People started up a chant, Gerard just chuckled and shook his head in response. His hand grasped the bottle, spinning it hard to make it go around the circle for a while. The participants clapped and whooped as the top of the bottle settled on a girl. I barely knew her, she was in Gerard and I's art period. The two were on opposite sides of the circle, so the two started to move closer towards each other. Just as they neared the all too familiar ear-splitting voice piped up, "I don't think so!" She uttered alerting the two of her objection, them looking towards her then. 

"C'mon it's just a game," the girl spoke, clearly displeased with the opportunity to be swiped from her. 

"Spin again," Courtney dismissed, crossing her arms. That was clearly against the rules and everyone seemed irked but didn't care enough to fight a battle with her. 

Gerard spun again, this time with less gusto. I could tell he was annoyed as well at how she was acting. The bottle slowed and both Gerard and my eyes widened. This was just perfect, such an ample fucking opportunity. I looked at Courtney and her face was just priceless if only I had a camera. Her blood boiled, if we were in a cartoon her face would be red as a cherry and smoke billowing out of her ears. The bottle landed on none other than the girl she hated more than anyone at the party, me. 

My mouth formed an innocent, yet vindictive smile. I moved closer to Gerard, shooting Courtney a quick wink before leaning in. Our lips met, I kissed as passionately as I could muster. I was in it for nothing more than revenge on that whore-hag. But as soon as our lips moved, I melted. The lust for vengeance dissipated and was swept over with another feeling I couldn't put my finger on yet. I could tell it was a stronger emotion, one I'd never felt before. I wanted to cherish it and stay reveling in this new feeling forever, but this moment lasted only a few seconds before Gerard was pulled off by force. 

I scooted back to my spot in the circle, in a dazed state from what just occurred. I snapped out quickly, noticing the two were heading upstairs. I looked up just in time to catch a glimpse at the bitch flipping me off. I took it with pride, it felt good to cause her such rage yet again.

I ventured back upstairs and acquired a cup of alcohol, leaning against the wall of the kitchen. After my third cup of the stuff, the night began to blur. All I could remember was the blaring music and bright lights. I couldn't tell you how I got home that night if I tried. For all I knew I could have teleported home. I had no idea how I woke up the next morning on my kitchen floor.