(Chapter 20) Grand Party Planning

The days that usually felt like they were spent in slow motion seemed to suddenly ramp up to tick by at rapid speeds. Hours then felt like mere minutes and I couldn't feel even more distressed about the inevitability of moving day arriving. 

I was barely home, always at the Ways' or Frank's since those were the houses wordlessly designated as our hang-out places. I couldn't bear the sight of my father after he delivered the news to me. It was so hard to avoid him since he was always home to prepare for moving and not on some business trip like usual. 

Every time we crossed paths lasted only a few seconds when I would show up to get changed or something and then I'd be out the door again, throwing him a dirty glare as I slammed the door. For the time being, I was done with being sad about it, only unimaginably irate; More sadness would arise later though, don't you worry. 

I slept cuddled with Gerard nearly every night. Later down the line, this would prove to backfire as I wouldn't be able to sleep without him there, but I digress. His presence brought comfort which I was in desperation of at that time. I was always afraid he would tire of me, especially when I was being so clingy, but he understood. He would confess that he enjoyed it and was actually equally as clingy, but since I was the one begging for attention, it didn't show as much from his end. 

That evening, somehow we maneuvered our ways up onto his rooftop from his rickety window. I was certain that the wood sill, which was suitably rotten, would finally give way and snap with the weight, but somehow it didn't as I pulled myself up onto the shingled rooftop with Gerard grasping my hand for stability. "You good?" He asked for assurance. 

"Yep," I confirmed, rubbing my hands together to get some debris off and then scooting over to sit by his side. 

The inky star-littered sky beamed down on our skin as we lay down on the rigid surface of the roof, the light glinting off the spirited hazel eyes of Gerard as he turned his attention toward me. I averted my attention upward, mouth dropping to a lackadaisical smile as I could do nothing more than focus on the perfect moment. "I swear, we better not fall asleep up here. I for one do not want to wake up to a broken foot or more and a sky-high hospital bill," I joked. 

"Oh, I won't let that happen. How could I fall asleep when I could be taking in your beauty?" He stated daftly, obviously kidding. 

"Oh, please," I rolled my eyes, waving him off lazily. 

"Don't 'oh please' me, I only have so much time to see you, so if that means creepily watching you while you're asleep, then I'll do it," he said, causing me to laugh. 

"You're terrible, you know?" 

"I may be terrible, but you love me," He said with a stupid smile adorning his face from ear to ear. 

"Of course I do. It's gonna hurt like a motherfucker to leave you," I said in longing with a huff, focusing on the twinkling stars. 

~Gerard's POV~

We settled into silence with each other company, just gazing at the night's sky surrounded by the surprisingly sleepful New Jersey suburb. Only the wind with the occasional cricket or a car passing by would fill the air above the sound of our own drowsy breaths. As we lay there, I couldn't help but feel nervous about the impending arrival of moving day. This girl deserves so much, what's the least I could do? I thought as I looked off into the distance. Oh, we need to have a proper surprise send-off party! That's what I need to do. In fanfiction fashion, of course, she conveniently has a dental appointment tomorrow, so the guys and I can convene and plan this total bitchin' going away party. 

 With the most simple of ideas figured out, I looked back over to the girl in question. I could tell she was going to start nodding off any moment, so I softly moved a piece of hair behind her ear, nudging her to wake herself fully so we could climb down.  She let out a noise barely recognizable as an 'okay' and sat up. She moved over to the dilapidated windowsill, shakily swinging her legs over the side of the roof and climbing back into my room. I swiftly joined her dozing self in my bed once I, myself re-entered through the window. 

 ~The next day~

The next morning, once the coast was clear, I alerted the guys about my idea and that we needed to iron out the details after school. They eagerly agreed to meet at my place to figure out the logistics of it all. It was going to be one hell of a party since the self-proclaimed king of parties, Frank was helping with the planning.

 I just couldn't help to think that it was only the least we could accomplish. Y/n deserved so much more than some dinky party, but that was what four empty-pocketed kids could conjure. I toyed with other ideas in my mind, but all ended up being too elaborate and extravagant to pull off. 

After school, we all arrived back home bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to start planning. Frank bounced up and down on our ugly couch with excitement gleaming in his eyes. "Okay, so I was thinking-" Frank started before popping up hastily off the couch, zipping around and pointing at where things would go as he unraveled his masterful plan. "-And we'll have the bouncy castle in the backyard, the chocolate fountain over there, the whole place will be covered with fairy lights-" 

"Frank where in the fuck are you gonna get the money for all of that?" Ray asked the obvious. 

"I know a guy." 

"You know fuck all. The last time you knew a guy we ended up with faulty fireworks on 4th of July and, if you remember, you set one off, and poof! You and half the garden were on fire!" Mikey shook his head laughing at the little man. 

"Okay sheesh maybe I don't know a reliable guy, but I do know a guy."

"No." Mama Fro put down immediately. 

"Mom wouldn't be too happy to find her yard ablaze again Franklin, so no," I added, shutting down the sulking boy again. He muttered unintelligibly under his breath, just loud enough for the rest of us to hear his disagreement. "We actually have to get down to business here. We have what? Two and a half weeks?" They all nodded to confirm. 

With this, we got to it, planning something as grand, yet still manageable and fitting for someone like Y/n. I just hope it's enough. 

A/N: Sorry for the kind of lousy chapter, but my life had been quite busy in the past two weeks. I hope this will suffice in the meantime. Have a lovely day rats! - Sav