Chapter 2 'War Of Vanitas'

Page 13

May 16, 1208

A few hours after the first shots of a new War had been unleashed, The squad involved would withdraw to their main base in the Atrviuts Forest. The Artviuts Forest was a thick forest fully claimed by nature, it was not strange to find wild animals roaming the area frequently. But strangely enough, a large grouping of men could be seen entrenched several feet away from a house in a small clearing of the Area.

Hodgkins could only grind his teeth as he heard the report of a soldier within his base of operations. A Medieval House 'likely' abandoned by its previous owners.

He simply felt angered and disrespected at such an attack he had sent his troops to meet up with the locals in hopes of building a defensive alliance. Yet they had the nerve to ambush the men he had sent.

He was still in his Military BDUs but he removed his Gasmask to reveal his pretty 'average' face.

Quickly calming himself and analyzing his current situation. Because being irrational and letting your emotions control your reasonings could not be tolerated. He dismissed the soldier. Who immediately saluted and left the house.

He then looked at a large map his men had found in the abandoned and decrepit house. Surprisingly was still in pretty good shape and was repaired by some of his soldiers who had some knowledge of the matter.

He also provided some materials by summoning some military emplacements of the era he was summoned to save time.

After a few minutes, he had already begun to plan an attack on one of the nearby villages according to the map. His plan included a pretty much night and stealth attack led by some elements of the German Stormtroopers armed with MP-18s to take the village by 'quietly' and stealthily dealing with the defenders and capturing the village before sunrise.

He was just finishing the plan when the door opened. James immediately turned around, seeing two British soldiers. Although naturally, he felt as if he was disrespected thinking that this must be urgent he greeted them with a neutral face.

The first one was a middle-aged Mature British Man who from Hodgkin's Perspective was maybe a soldier who had possibly seen combat during the Great War. Hell, this man could have fought on the Somme.

But alas, Hodgkins had to control his eccentric and Curious side. Less he annoys his men.

The Second one was much younger, A young 19-year-old who Hodgkins thought was a recruit he possibly summoned.

"Gen. Hodgkins, Some soldiers of the Reconnaissance squad you sent have reported some news. They have new information regarding the foe we're fighting."

The more Mature soldier said in his usually serious voice. Hodgkins then responded.

"Well if you say so, Sergeant?, What is this information?"

Hodgkins asked, feeling genuinely curious about the information his soldier was bout to inform him.

"Sir, the Soldiers reported that the foes they have fought are using ranged weapons, specifically Bolt-Action Rifles, some however still used swords and melee weapons. This confirms that your theory on their weaponry is indeed correct. Next, we have found via examination that the enemy forces seem to have long ears indicating that they may be of another race. Although some of the doctors in their teams theorized that they may be Elves from the books those idiots were reading on Earth. Their faction of allegiance however is still unidentified. But that won't be for long as some of our comrades at the front have revealed that they have captured one of the attackers and kept him alive. They are currently bringing him here as we speak."